• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Visitors new rant

littlemuffin

Reaction score
4 hours they have been here. 4 hours. I'm now feeding them!

Its friends of my in-laws and I thought they would be here 30 minutes not 4 hours, they have now run in to the second lot of people we have coming round with their children pulling her around. I have come on here to rant before I snap.

Why don't people understand.

Can you politely ask them to leave, maybe say it in a jokey way like oh im gonna have to kick you out now so i can get LO organside and hope they take the hint

Oh that's horrible :-( that hasn't happened to us yet but I would be so pissed off if people were inconsiderate like that!! Xx

I had someone do the same the other day she didnt leave until 9pm i hadnt eaten all day coz lo was grumpy and i hadnt had chance to grab anything. I kept say oh i think she needs feeding hoping she would take the hint. No she wants to watch coz she wanted to see if she miht want to bf when she has a baby one day. I actualy just wanted to cry. Xx

That is so annoying... Can't you say it's time or your LO to have their bath now...? Some people are so inconsiderate... :(

How rude people are! I would have to say something, like I'm sorry you have to go now, because we have other visitors arriving shortly (even if you didn't!). Make up an excuse if you have to.

:hugs: i would just ask them to leave, hint you are really tired and need some rest. hope you got rid of them. xx

How about 'I'm knackered I need to have a sleep now'- failing that be brutally honest! Us English are so polite aren't we.

That is just so rude! I must give off a look as no one has done that to us yet!

If they are friends of the inlaws can you get OH to say something?

Put some bread in the toaster, set the smoke alarm off, grab baby and scream FIRE!!!!!! Then shut the front door after them :D xxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I'd say smth like 'ok, I think I'll go start putting her to bed now. Thanks for coming, was nice to see you!'. I believe in being polite to people when they are polite to you, but if they behave like that you have all right to be less considerate too!

Like others said just make an excuse say oh its bathtime now so will have to see you another time, what can they say no we want to stay? x

oh hun, i felt like crying reading this! brought it all back..:shock:
i was too polite to ask people to leave so our front door might as well have been a revolving door.
4 hours is a bit much tho, could you not tell them your tired and really need some sleep....i think it is a bit inconsiderate of them to stay that long!
xx

Oh I feel for you hun, I remember this stage all too well and I ended up arguing with OH about it because it was mainly his relatives out-staying their welcome. You do have to be honest with them and ask them to leave, but try in a jokey way like somebody else said. I ended up not answering the door if people turned up without warning, and if they called to give warning I would ask them to leave it a few days before coming round (and would suggest a time that was convenient to me). It caused a teeny bit of upset but that doesn't last very long. You have to lay the ground rules otherwise people will take the piss. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back