Visitors

Bee7

Reaction score
Just wondered how everyone has coped with the array of visitors you get after bringing baby home? My house has been like Picadilly Circus for the past few weeks and even though I'm so grateful for everyones gifts and well wishes, i must admit i've found it a bit difficult at times. My OH's family in particular have been round lots which is totally fine, but the other day his sister got really offended because she couldn't come. I did explain that my friend (who i hadn't seen for months) was coming round but she was welcome to come later but apparently this wasn't good enough. It really annoyed me that she could be so petty and act as though she has some divine right to be here constantly.

I think after having such a traumatic birth i would have just liked some peace and alone time with OH and baby. Do i sound mean? xx

Absolutely not! You sound exactly like me!
It's the constant having to make tea, buying cakes (someone even asked me if I'd baked the cupcakes... As of I had time!!!)
It's also that I am desperate to take the advice of these people and sleep when
Baby is sleeping (+ 4 year old is at school.) but I can't do that - because I am entertaining them. What I don't understand is that they can't say the irony in what they are saying!!!

I am now at the point that I'd quite like to say 'NO' to people when they ask can they come around to the house. I'm jut not very brave!

no hun i was the same i had a section after failed induction and hubbys nan wanted to come round every day we'd go out to do the shopping or have a meal in the cafe and she'd automatically offer to baby sit she wouldnt think i'd like to be with my husband and son or that i'm incabale of pushing the pram ect. ur perfectly right to say no to visitors its ur home and ur child u need to do whats best for you and ur child u need to bond as a family first! xxx

I am exactly the same. In fact I've cried about it a lot because we jut didn't have any time to ourselves as a family. Theo is 4 weeks old now and there are still people here every day and it does my head in. At least you know that it's going to settle down eventually and then you can have time with baby and OH forever after that. It is shit though xx

It is crap, but trust me for about 4 or 5 months we've had tumbleweed round and that's it! Lol, well obv our mums come once a week and my auntie comes once a week too, bit that's it. I had a pretty easy birth in hindsight but I really struggled with how it hit me that I had a baby now and I was so petrified of how people were going to judge me etc and wanted to make everyone else happy. My mum saw Charlie's birth as I felt mean telling her to go but didn't particularly want her there. OHs dad works in the hosp so the next morning he came for 20 mins and was faffing about trying to get a pic of me in mismatched clothes, hair scraped back and face like death. Then as OHs mum is not with OHs dad and is in some sort of competition with my mum she had a will because she hadnt seen him yet even though he wasnt 24 hours old, so on the way home we had to stop off at his mums work where all her workmates edge poking Charlie and I looked like crap and was getting pissed off, and for days after we never got a mins peace, and even thinking about it now makes me teary how it seemed everyone was out for their own and not thinking about us. I'm about 8 weeks with my second and boy will it be all my way or the highway. Don't let anyone pressure you into having them round, they will get over it and you will get rest, please don't do what I did and bottle it all up inside x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back