Viral rash....

xrachx

Reaction score
do the look alot like chickenpox? Glenn has come out in a rash just tonight and they look alot like the beggining of chicken pox, has anyone took their little ones to the docs thinking it the pox but to be told its a virus rash? he has got quite abit of it and has also had a really bad cold for the past few days, has been really clingy,temps are up and down too....i am gonna take a pic in the morn, see what ppl think...i dont suppose anyone has a pic of the beggining of ch/pox?

chicken pox looks like little blisters whereas viral rashes tend to be under the skin.

thats whats confusing me, they are raised (slightly)but then he has a few dotted about on his hands that look spotty (look like they have a head developing)...poor little thing has been off his food abit today aswell.

are the spots mainly on his hands and feet hun? could be hand foot and mouth, they look like blistery raised spots too. luke had really high temps when he had that and was very poorly.

chicken pox tend also to spread rapidly when they first appear and have seperate spots over body where as a viral rash can almost be clustered. do the spots blanch? i.e disappear when touched?

get it checked out for your piece of mind hun, you have a valid reason x

its viral, thank god! the ones near his mouth have ulcerated (he has them just inside his mouth) and they are the ones that threw me, thanks for the concern.x

yes they do look slightly like chicken pox! ky came out in a rash two weeks ago and i had to take him out of nursery to get it checked by the doctor who confirmed it to be a viral infection. They're like little white heads/blisters. He had them round his mouth and on his legs. two weeks later and you can still see them :roll: hes still miserable to!

awww bless him, i hope he is feeling himself soon.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back