its not chicken pox? its a viral infection rash!

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi looking or some advice...

i noticed that Dior had like lil pimples all under her skin just before i put her in the bath looked like it could have been a lil rash were someting has iritated her skin, but i looked again 2hrs later and there looking more like lil read spots now all over her belly and back, do u think it might be chicken pox? she has had a cold for the past week and the last few days she has been very bunged up and grotty off her food and stuff. iv put her to bed and if they seem worse in the morning do i take her the docs? or is there no need with chicken pox?
have i done the right thing putting her to bed and waiting untilol tomorrow or should i take her the walk in centre tonight????

dionne,
You could give nhs direct a call just now to put your mind at ease. With chicken pox I dont think there is a lot that can be done :oops: but give them a call anyway

so if by tomorrow im sure its chicken pox am i ok to just send her to my mums as usual with some calpol or should i take day of work to go the docs???
or is it something i dont go the docs for?

if its chickenpox and the rash is there then the contagious bit has past, its the week before that you are contagious with it. I dont know that I would bother with the docs to be honest, you know how dumbass they can be. Get some calamine lotion though in case she starts scratching the spots and have the calpol ready. :cry:

It might be worth taking her to the docs, just so that it is on her notes that she has had it??? Or even to confirm that's what it is - it might be something else...

Definitley call nhs direct...being around chicken pox while pregnant is not good. Have you had it? You may need a blood test to check your immunity.
If an unborn baby catches it it can be very dangerous.

yh my lil brother had chicken pox when i was 12weeks preg i had the blood tests i was ok i have had it...

If it was me I would ring NHS Direct (0845 4647) They have always been so good with me!

I would take her to the docs aswell. Just so that I knew it was definately chicken pox and to make sure you and the baby are ok.

Im a huge worry arse though but its better to get these things checked out! :D

Please can i add some advice - I had chicken pox at the grand age of 24!! Please DON'T USE CALAMINE LOTION it makes the itching worse - initially it cools the itch but it drys and crusts on the skin causing more itching - my doctor said calamine is the worst thing you can use. and can't understand why its still recommended!

I got more relief from E45 moisturising creme and emolient baths.
It kept my skin soft and cooled the itch,

I sympathise if she has chicken pox!!

I had it in the hottest 2 weeks in the year and was awake two nights crying because it itched so much :(

Hypnorm said:
Please DON'T USE CALAMINE LOTION it makes the itching worse - initially it cools the itch but it drys and crusts on the skin causing more itching - my doctor said calamine is the worst thing you can use. and can't understand why its still recommended!
(

I hated calamine lotion, still remember being caked in it when I had chicken pox, it was the worst part of the illness for me :(

dionne said:
yh my lil brother had chicken pox when i was 12weeks preg i had the blood tests i was ok i have had it...

Oh phew. Then in that case, get it checked by someone to make sure it's chicken pox, but then I would recommend buying a big tub of baking powder and adding about 3 tablespoons to her bath everyday. It puts a layer over the skin and stops itching, works a treat :)

cheers for all the advice girls poor lil thing wont stop crying not sure if it is chicken pox shes got like pimples all over her head and scalp????

poor lil thinkg just gave her some medised makes her drosey see if i can get her to sleep through it then go docs tomorrow, one thing my nan used to say to me was a way to tell if a baby is poorly is if they have bad breath??? sounds strange but tonight iv noticed her breath is bad, my nan must have been right

Hi

i hope she is okay and if it is chicken pocks i feel sorry for here i had it twoce once as a baby and when i was 5 was horrible.
Katrina

yh she has woke up this morning the rash seems worse its all over her head nech belly bun fairy and back? its not spotty thou like i imagined chicken pox? its more like pimples all under the skin?
oh well iv took the day of now and not sent Dior to the childminders so il phone the doc in a bit see if i can take her down x x

Aww, bless her. I can remember having chicken pox in the hottest 2 weeks of the 1976 drought. :( I lived the whole fortnight in a cerise pink velour tracksuit!!!! And calmine's a bitch when it dries!!! :x

My daughter had it at about 18 months, and a cool bath was the best thing for her, then covering her in E45 when she got out before she dried. My ex caught it off her at the age of 27 and he had them everywhere (and I mean everywhere!!!, under a certain skin! :shock: ).

I would go to the docs to confirm it Dionne, but there isn't a lot more you can do, apart from lots of tlc.

dionne said:
yh she has woke up this morning the rash seems worse its all over her head nech belly bun fairy and back? its not spotty thou like i imagined chicken pox? its more like pimples all under the skin?
oh well iv took the day of now and not sent Dior to the childminders so il phone the doc in a bit see if i can take her down x x

Hmm chicken pox is more like blisters..I would get it checked out as it could be something else. The NHS direct website has photos of different rashes.

Also, I'd let your docs know if you're taking her in with a funny rash as went I took Mason I had to wait in a seperate room! :lol:

just phoned my docs... urghhh iv never seen the doc there before as im new there and they told me they are full and i need to book 24hrs in advance (yh cause i have a crystel ball and can pridict when Dior will be poorly)
well after moaning at the receptionist i got to speak to a doctor he wasnt very interested untill i said ok i want to arrange for the emergancy doc to come out as im preg and i no the measels is fatel for a unborn child, he soon changed his tone, got to go down at 10am now :)

Good on you Dionne, its ridiculous about them not having any appointments, don't they save some for emergencies?? Hope Dior is better soon xx

If I need an appointment fir Mason or Brody I can always get one the same day!
Good for you for insisting...hope its nothing serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back