Vintage Pregnancy and Parenting Advice

Papermoon

Reaction score
Want a good laugh? :lol: Do not really do these things, all of this stuff is wrong! Oh my goodness I came across this online, I can't believe people used to believe this stuff!! :lol: This stuff was taught either by doctors or in parenting books. And some of it was taught until the 70's! Check out these crazy vintage parenting advice. A 1932 government pamphlet said to potty train your baby by 3 months old!! LOL! The one about how breastfeeding moms should not get nervous or their milk will turn poisonous was just too funny! The one that said give your baby coffee starting at 6 months old was crazy too! :lol:

29 Weird Vintage Parenting Tips

Last edited:
I think back when they didn't do science most of those things made perfect sense.. but I do get the nappy part my nan used to tell me back when I was little nappies where still quite poorly made so it could hold about one wee before it was changed and i think disposables itself haven't been around that long either in general so before modernisation after industrialisation when things first started to change at a rapid speed. I've seen the soda adverts before all due to the sugar companies and Tobacco industry being so dominant and having so much power and they sadly still do! Just not allowed to advertise it as such and luckily we know better these days x

Yeah looking at those things now, it makes no sense but I guess before people knew what we know, it made sense to them. :) Some of those things really surprised me too! :lol:

I read the one to my OH about 'invite your husband to help with the baby' :lol: he said "that's how it should be!" As he changed LO and put her to bed. Hahaha some are silly but some are dangerous!

LOL That's cute! Yeah true some were funny and some were crazy and dangerous!:lol:

Definitely out of this world! LOL.

For my case, my mom is a little old fashioned when it comes to pregnancy and child birth. Sometimes, what she says is the exact opposite of what my GP says. I would just listen to all her advises and tell her my thoughts about it. Good thing, my mom is so cool to handle whenever I say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back