Any advice?

K X

Reaction score
As some of you have kindly replied to my previous thread where rebecca has gastorinteritous...She was nearly admitted to hosp at the weekend. Well she hasn't improved at all, has only had 6 oz of fluid (water with rehydration powder) in 15 hours, she is still pooing that out in diaorrehea form, and can't even keep calpol down. So I have got an appointment AGAIN today at 1:40...am I right not to accept that she will get better in time as she is onjly 4 months old and has lost a lot of weigh already, still has high temp - 39.5 and can't eat or drink anyhting. I am so worried about her.

Any help or advice would be great as what to say to the Dr, as on Monday they said give it a week-she will be fading away to nothing by then!! :( This has been going on since Saturday! xx

They shouldnt have said to wait a week thats ridiculous. Is she weeing ok? If you are at all worried that she may be getting dehydrated (especially in this heat) get home down to your local a&e department they will check her over thouroughly and check her for dehydration. I had this with beth not so long ago and my gp as usual was useless :wall: It turned out that she had a viral infection she couldnt keep calpol down neither so they gave me paracetomol suppostries to give to her so that it actually got into her system without being rejected.

Hope she is ok *hugz* xxxxxx

Thanx Bubble Dreamer, Dr's really are useless nowadays. She was nearly admitted due to dehydration, but the daft Dr at the out of hours clinic said that as she still produced tears she wasn't fully dehydrated. But she has stopped urinating and I hadn't had a wet nappy in 5 hours. Now I am at the end of my tether, I cant do anymore for her, she is not keeping anything down and the Electrolade hydration Powders give her severe diaorrhea.

:wall: :wall:

Hun personally if it was me i would forget the gp's appointment and take her straight down a&e if you havent had a wet nappy for 5 hours it sounds like she could well be dehydrated. i dont want to worry you, but the longer you leave it if she is dehydrated the worse she may become.

Hope everything is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back