• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Views please on this girls name

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
I have decided I quite like the name Olivia if we have a girl but my OH is not so keen...

He's worried it would get shortened to Olive and then nicknamed "Olive Oil" and asked where Popeye is :wall:

What's your view please? Do you think he has a point or do you think it will get shortened to something else which is nicer?

My Nan's name was Olive so i think my Dad would be chuffed if I announced it was a girl and we'd given her that name. I'd have loved to have named her after my Mum but the poor woman was named "Edith Nellie Florence" and with all the will in the world I can't do that to a child I love :rotfl: (have desperately tried thinking of alternatives with no luck!!)

As for boys names, I'm veering towards Joseph or Charlie at the mo but it changes daily! :doh:

Wish i could give birth to a puppy, they are soooooo much easier to name :rotfl:

Helllllllllllp!!!!!!!
Sarah xxx

I like Olivia :) I know quite a few girls named that and its never shortened to Olive.

Olivia is one of the most popular girls names of recent years.

I actually prefer Olive (the name of a favourite aunt of mine :D )

i love the name olivia but it is getting quite common round here so wouldnt have it for us.

Olivia is great! And I like the shortened version of Livvy too :D xx

I would never think to shorten Olivia to Olive always Livvy instead :) and I have never known anyone to shorten it to Olive. Its such a pretty name. :)

I love Olivia. And tbh, when she's grown up, i doubt Popeye will be heard of. So if she does get the mickey taken out of her it'll be by immature adults.

I quite like the name Olivia...for short it could get called Livia which i think still sounds nice...but i dont think there's much chance that people would think to call it olive oil :)

I like it.

On your mothers name can you not have a kind of variation on it

Like Edie (sp) Elle Flora something like that?

I see you're having a boy now! :cheer: :cheer:

I LOVE both names you're thinking of for a boy :D x

Yep after struggling with girls name it's sods law I'm having a boy!!!

So his name is going to be James Christopher (Christopher is after the OH)

Phoned my Dad and told him that if it was a girl she would had been called Olivia Rose (Olivia after my Dad's mum Olive) think he was quite chuffed, but made it clear its now a case of the thought that counts as I am NOT having any more!!!! :rotfl:

Think it's made it more real for all of us as the kids can't stop talking about James now lol

Sarah xxx

CH0C0H0LIC said:
Yep after struggling with girls name it's sods law I'm having a boy!!!
So funny, I was having trouble with boys names and now Im having a girl!! lol

Christopher James is a lovely name!! :cheer:

I like Olivia and I have never heard of it being shortened to Olive. If it was shortened I would imagine it would be Liv or Livvy. I like Charlie for a boy too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back