• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Videofluroscopy today

TORino

Reaction score
Was a disaster.

She wouldn't drink the barium so they only got a teeny bit into her. I was told not to feed her so she would drink it.

I had assumed they would have me feed her before they did the X-ray but they didn't :eh:

So they took pictures of her with an empty stomach pretty much?!?! Bizarre.

Well you can guess the results of that, they couldn't see the reflux happening.

So I pick her off the X-ray machine and she vomits down my front. Then I feed her outside while they write it up and she projectile vomits everywhere and we get choking/coughs/watering eyes/blue lips. Luckily someone saw it so it will be written in the report I think.

So a bit disastrous really!

I'm not sure where we go from here tbh :(

Oh dear :( no idea what to suggest :( how old is she now? How much do you have till weaning? Things will improve dramatically then

She's 14 weeks now. So not that long in the grand scheme of things I guess. She's been really sickly the last few days too so I was sure they'd get it. :wall2:

Oh tor how disappointing :(

Are you thinking of weaning from 17 weeks because of it? I hope they've picked something up from the xray xxxx

I didn't think I will ever encourage someone to wean early as i am quite against it but maybe tilly and you have lots to benefit because of it...

:hug:

Sorry it hasn't worked out sweetie, you've both gone through all that for nothing. Can you talk to someone about early weaning? I know it can be helpful in cases of severe reflux xxxxxx

:hug: ah mrs I hope you get answers x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've had a letter through, the appointment in September has been moved forwards to a few weeks time with the consultant so that's something I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back