Vest and sleepsuits

lora-p

Reaction score
Was just wondering how many of each you think you'll need for baby, ive been buying packs in every other week but dnt have a clue how many ill need of each?

When nannying and for my own I've gone for 8-10 vests and about 6 -8 sleepsuits.

I prefer using them over clothes/outfits the first few months anyways. Trying to put on trousers or dresses on small babies is a pain and I don't like pulling them about and for ease I stick to sleepsuits until a bit bigger.

I'd not go overboard but buy in extra once LO is here if you find you need it.

I would agree with Sherlock.

Do not buy too many...They grow out of them quickly...And people will buy them little outfits that you will have to use or be hung too lol

Vests are very important. As they need them under whatever they are wearing. But still, do not buy too many of them.

I bought all o-3 months last time....and had to go out and by newborn. So, you just never know what you will need.

I've got 3 sleepsuits so far but will need to buy another pack and i've also got 3 romper suits because it'll be july or early august! I've got about 10 vests, some newborn and some 0-3months.

My friend has bought me a few and so has family etc so i wont be buying any myself, most of the time i'm going to have her in sleepsuits or vests anywya, should be warm when she gets here anyway so she shoudltn need too much

I've got around 15 sleepsuits and vests in newborn and 0-3 :lol:

I bought some new ones and still got some of Nathans I will be using. I bought some romper suits aswell because baby is due in July :)

It's always best to have more I think because if baby gets sick on them then you have plenty of clean ones ready so you don't have to be washing them every 2 mins :)

I went totally overboard with Harrison and this time i refuse to do it.
We have just bought plain white sleepsuits in newborn and have around 10 of those, i love newborns in white.
And a few blue and animal ones in 0-3 from next, which are CUTE.

Stupid question alert: Can you buy 0-3 instead of newborn and just wait for them to grow into them? Or is it better to get a mixture? Is it unlikely that a baby born to term will be bigger than a 0-3 clothing? Sorry I have no idea about this sort of thing! :oops:

My baby daddy had to be in 3-6 when he was born, but he was HUGE!!!

I dont think your baby would be so big.

I posted a question about this in ask a mum, icant remember the exact heading but its to do with clothing sizes, loads of people replied in it

abcd1234 said:
My baby daddy had to be in 3-6 when he was born, but he was HUGE!!!

I dont think your baby would be so big.

Eeek :shock: I hope mine is smaller than your baby daddy :D

Thanks I'll check out the thread for ideas :)

I'd get a couple of newborn. With Nathan I had only bought 0-3 then he came 5 weeks early so they were way too big on him and had to get my mum to go out and get newborn for him (these we abit too big but alot better than 0-3)

It's probably better to have a couple in newborn incase baby comes early or is on the small side :)

Mildly said:
Stupid question alert: Can you buy 0-3 instead of newborn and just wait for them to grow into them? Or is it better to get a mixture? Is it unlikely that a baby born to term will be bigger than a 0-3 clothing? Sorry I have no idea about this sort of thing! :oops:

I'd get a 3 pack of newborn from somewhere cheap just in case. Even if they then only get a few weeks of wear out of them it hasn't cost the earth. If you find you need more you can then go out and get some when LO is here.

I got mostly 0-3, a few 0-1 month from Next and a 3 pack of newborn.

I've got probably 6 newborn vests and 6 newborn sleepsuits. I'm not planning on having a huge baby or anything but a friend of mine said her two boys were in 0-3 from the start :eek:

So I thought I'd just get a wee drop newborn and can go to shops if she doesn't grow quickly or I have to do too much washing!!

My son was full term, 8lb1 and 55cm long....But 0-3 was too baggy on him....so had to go out and but newborn. Granted, he was only in them for a week or so (did not buy too many). But could not have him looking like a rag tag vagabond for that week lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back