Very worried! :(

xx.kelly

Reaction score
I am really frightened about giving birth to the baby :( I am terrified of needles and just don't really like the thought of my OH seeing me in such a state! :(

Plus....i was watching the Baby Channel last night and the midewife was saying that some people 'poo' themselves when they are in labour :oops: :oops: :oops: The thought really makes me cringe :(

Does anyone else worry about the labour part? :)

I think all of us worry about labour in some way or another :?

I think when it comes down to it, you wont be thinking about needles or worrying about poo, you will just be trying to get your LO out :wink:

i was worried about the same things, especially the poo. Id let a million people watch me poo if i could give birth to a healthy baby. Im sure theyve seen it loads of time before hun :hug:

It is natural to worry hun - but when the time comes you will think of nothing else but getting your baby out :hug:

PS I have a fear of needles - I didn't have a single one whilst in labour :hug:

it perfectly natural to worry hun and the baby programmes wont help you (even tho i was addicted to them with 1st pregnancy!!) a lot of women do poo but you cannot tell if you have and the midwives will not let you know they clear all mess etc up straight away. all they are bothered about is makin sure you n bubs are safe and when the time comes thats all you will be concentrating on. im sure everything will be fine and altho you cant help worrying there really is nothing to worry about.

xxxx

Like everyone else has said when your in labor you really won't care about anything except getting your baby out.

I was ademant I would never have an epidural but I was crying for one in the end :rotfl: The size of the needle was the last thing on my mind!

i have a phobia of needles too but u really dont care when ur in labour u just want the pain to go away!
this is my thrid and i have survived,just one of thos sacrifices u have to go through i'm afraid lol

i worried myself sick over the pain and the poo! after youve done it youll wonder why u got so worked up about it i promise! :hug:
i wont lie, labour really REALLY hurts nothing can prepare u for the pain but ur mind sort of goes into a special state that enables u to cope with it, and in that special state u really dont care about poo! and within a week youll hav forgotten the pain. i'd do it again a million times for my baby theyre so worth it! and i did poo and tear (another one of my fears while pregnant!) but my memory of my birth experience is just wonderful, it honestly fills me with happiness! and i only did it quite recently really.
dont stress hun and enjoy ur pregnancy! :hug:

What you need to remind yourself is, if Labour is as bad as some women make out...why on earth would they do it again...and again...and again.

Giving birth is a horrible experience...but really...you are just not there when it happens and needles, sick, poo....all that pales into insignificance because your brain will be focused on giving birth.

I really cannot remember an awful lot of my labour...especially before I had the epidural and the end of it where things all a bit a swirly. And although ignorance is really bliss (I think I'm much more afraid this time round)...If it had been THAT bad, I would never, ever have gotton pregnant again...and here I am. :hug: :hug: Take heart...It's well worth it.

xx.kelly said:
don't really like the thought of my OH seeing me in such a state! :(
o yes forgot 2 say i worried bout that too but i think my boyf has a thousand times more love and respec for me since he saw what i went thru 2 push his little girl in2 the world! :hug:

Fear is completely natural...
This is my fifth and i always have something to peg it over......For me this time its fear of the after pains eeeeekkkkkk.

Needles i only had with my first...none with any of the others.....When you are in proper labour i doubt you'll give a monkeys anyway.

As for poo this has only happened once out of four births so don't worry to much. :wink:

And as for your OH seeing you in a a state more likely he'll be the one in a state. I have had the honour of being birth partner to a couple of friends...and the blokes at both births were as much use as chocolate ashtrays...they did their best bless em, but i realised why i'd got asked to be there :rotfl: (not all blokes are useless i might add)

So don't worry ...he'll prob be gob smacked at what you did deliver your baby together safely in to the world xxxxx :hug:

I didnt poo with my last one, but they did other stuff that would get me very worked up normally but once your in labour you dont give a monkeys

I had an enema just before birth to lessen chance of pooing, dont they do that anymore??.. this was 15 years ago, so ahem, we would have all sorts of nasty things back then!

Nope, from what I've read, definitely no enemas any more.

I don't think I'm particularly worried about that aspect atm. I fully intend to leave thinking about labour until much closer to the time!

The thing I used to panic about (and still do) sounds ridiculous I know. In fact I know it's going to sound stupid. But here goes (in the hope that I'm not the only one). I worry about when I'll have to take my knickers off, if I'll manage it (yeah - told you it was stupid!) and what happens if it all goes so quickly that I'd have to try and get them off while baby was half out. There. Told you it was idiotic.

Not stupid Allie - I worried about that too with my first

so much so I took them off at 5 cms dilated and spent 6 hours with nothing else other than a t-shirt on :rotfl:

that is a brilliant idea monster munch will deffo remember tht one, maybe a long nightshirt with some shorty pj bottoms wud be better... all i know is im taking my slippers with me, and a dressing gown, hosp floors r bloody cold and it'll b feb so im guessing it wont b too warm in the ward either! x

Just try to concentrate on the afters, having that beatiful life in your arms thats you and your partner, a little life all tiny and lovely.

You will be ok but i think its ok to be scared...

hugs and kisses

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back