VERY UNHAPPY TODAY :-(

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
The past few days have been really rubbish for me and I am so fed up with life :(

Basically my OH and I have been hoping to get re-housed soon, as we currently live in a 3rd floor flat, there are no lifts or fire escapes in the building and although the flat itself is nice and clean since I have been preganent it hasnt been suitable especially since I have had SPD. I am getting to a point now where I am scared to go out of my flat cause of the agony I suffer getting up and down 3 flights of stairs.

Anyway the sh1t hit the fan today when I rang the council to be told that there is a 7 year wait list... I won't say what I said to my OH about that as I don't wnat to affend anyone.

I simply cannot bear living here anymore its torture for me and we live above the most horendous couple in the world all they do is argue 24/7 the amount of times I have been woken up at 4am by them rowing in the corridors. Plus they smoke like chimleys and the smell gets into my home and I hate it!!!! :evil:

And to make matters worse... I cant claim any benifits since being made redundant cause my OH earns too much so now after bills we have 50 quid a month left!! and the council and benifits people dont seem to care one bit that I am expecting!!!

Sorry to rant on but I am at my wits end and all I wanna do right now is hid away and cry :( :wall:

Maybe try a housing association, they are probably better quality homes to and still pretty cheap.
Most of them work on a points system so the more issues you have with the place you are living in the easier and quicker you will get a place.

i dont know much about this but i was wondering if you move into a different council area like stroud? i know it sounds extreme but some of my family that hail from stroud were on the list for max of about 3 months my neice got aprivate rent place-which is lovely- through the council. the others got nice houses too. i dont know where you live in gloucester but stroud isnt that far. or i know theyve recently built loads of new housing association houses in the new development in quedgeley, theyre cheap, new, convenient. they might have all gone but it might be worth a phonecall.

My dad is trying to get us onto the list for Newent (forest of dean) which is where all my family are, and they seem to be alot more helpful than gloucester. They just dont seem to care one little bit!!

I live right in the centre of gloucester so its really expensive on councul tax and that GRRR!

Its such a pain because before I was made redundant we where gonna buy a house but of course thats gone out the window now. I just feel like I am banging my head against a wall as no one in Gloucester seems to help or refer me to other people!

Thanks for the advice on stroud though I will look into it :hug:

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time.

Sending you hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Vicky i really feel for you, your story has made me angry, i think i can imagine what you said to your OH :x
Its disgusting you're being treated like this, our government is totally ballsed up :wall:
Lots of hugs to you and your family xx :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Poor you! It sounds like a nightmare, it is so unfair that you have to put up with all the nonsense, especially the smokey rowing couple and walking up and down stairs whilst you are suffering! I have no advice, but wanted to give you a cuddle anyway! :hug:

Gloucester city council is crap they always have been. I'd keep on at them.

Sorry to hear this Vicky. I hope something can be sorted out soon. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back