what housing do you all have????

I am living in my James Dads granny annex for 2 years James works in Reading and we could not afford the rent on 2 places. He comes back on the days he does not work. And he's nearly finished his MOD probation and hopfully come back to kent and join the normal police so we can rent hear. Weve desided we cant afford to buy our own home. The granny annexe has a shower room and a small bedroom i have another room with a table for a toaster and kettle. and a fridge freezer. but no conection yet for the oven we bought of ebay. its not a sitting room it a a dumping ground and still used by his dad for his gun buisness. We would put ourselves on the council list but weve managed to save over 6.000 in an Isa that lowers you on the points system. Also not being single and James net pay is just over 22.000 lowers us even further. They dont take in to account tax national insurance deductions ect. We may have saved but the house prices our still out of range. Sorry for long reply but it makes me so angry we our lower middle class suposadley but we cant afford a home just as much as those on less then us. It makes me see red :twisted:

House prices are stupidly high just now - how on earth are 1st time buyers supposed to get on the ladder.

I already am but even then it doesn't make it easy. I bought my place on my own but I cannot afford anything bigger without another income which I don't have as an option at the moment.

In some places renting is cheaper than buying up where I stay it isn't

I have a two bed house which we brought a few years so although i would love more space i know im lucky to have it.

I have a large 2 bedroom flat with 2 living rooms. I decided I wanted to move to somewhere bigger before baby came but OH and I have realised if we tidy properly this place will be bigger. We are both hoarders and have lots of useless stuff - our attic is 16' by 25' and full! :shock: :shock: The lounge is full of my stuff and what will be the nursery is full of his stuff so it usually seems more like a 1 bed flat. But baby is a good incentive for sorting it out :D And we wouldn't be able to move before sorting it out anyway :( I want a housework fairy!

We have a 3 bedroom house (though the third bedroom is downstairs and is used as a playroom/guest bedroom).
The new baby will share James' room to begin with (after it outgrows the moses basket in our room) as it's a huge double bedroom and James is lost in it by himself.
We are very lucky as OH's parents wanted to invest in property so they own a large chunk of our house by paying the deposit for us. We could never have afforded our house if they didn't put in a large deposit.

I have rented for 8 years now as i have been a single mum, but then my OH moved in with us so makes it a lot easier, I'm in a 3 bed terraced house the two bedrooms are a very good size and the small one is fab for a nursery.

Hopefully we will buy our own place at the end of next year and hopefully get an extra room downstairs for a playroom. Although our rent is less than it would cost to pay a mortgage plus if anything goes wrong the landlord has to put it right

kalia said:
We are both hoarders and have lots of useless stuff - our attic is 16' by 25' and full! :shock: :shock: The lounge is full of my stuff and what will be the nursery is full of his stuff so it usually seems more like a 1 bed flat. But baby is a good incentive for sorting it out :D And we wouldn't be able to move before sorting it out anyway :( I want a housework fairy!

Im in Ayrshire hunny, give me ure address, im coming to throw all your useless stuff out for you. I am your fairy!

We have a 3 bedroomed house which is pretty big. We bought it last jan and after moving from a 2 bedroomed flat. I loved the house so much, it was really close to our old flat, same high ceilings and period features, only bigger. The previous occupants had the same family set up as us so there was a boys room and a girls room, decorated as such. We are going to have to put Jess and Joe in the big bedroom, its too big for one anyway and the new baby can have the smaller room till its about 2 then whichever sex we have 2 of will have the big room and the boy or girl will have the single room.

Sorry, waffled a bit there.

i was just being nosey and browsing this section and thought i maybe able to help! we are in council accomodation but it was hardwork to get there!!I have a son of 8 and we have a lovely 2 bed house in a lovely village. We used the band system and i was in band 2 for along time 4 years in total ( iwas privatey renting) in the end i had moved 12 times with my son who was 6 at the time and the hose i was privately renting the owners decidede to sell!! so i was technically made homeless, the council offered to help me look for more private but i refued to move again!! The council told me stay put as the owners would have to get a court order to evict me etc!!in the end 2 days before court the councuil offered me a temporary flat i took it on the understanding it was temperary it was 3 floors up and really bad!! They had druggies everywhere the people below were horrendouus junkies that threw each other over the balcony screamed all day and all nigh!! i went back to council and they said they wont move us as we were adaqutely housed!! we fought this for 8 weeks with the fact there were needles on the stairwell and lots of stuff, we then got the offer of the house we in now 2 days after they said they would not move us!!! so what im saying is stick at it dont let them bully you in to it!! my friend is a single mum and she joined list 2 years after me and got housed in a brand new apartment with lounge 2 double bedrooms, dining room and 2 bathrooms for her and the baby!! I was working when i was a single mum and that goes against you as my friend got housed within 6 months and was on benefits!!! xx

We own a little 3 bedroom starter home. We bought it 7 years ago before the house prices went crazy. I would love a bigger house, but the market just went mad...now I am just glad that we have a house and the mortgage is small enough for me to give up work for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back