Mum has chucked me out

kabey

Reaction score
I don't want this to sound snobby at all, but I'm going to have to move into a council house/flat on my own, and I'm absolutely terrified.

Has anyone else been housed by the coucil and how did you find it?

I will be homed in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.

xx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

me and my mum lived on a council estate when I was little and then we moved to a really nice area with my 'Dad' (he's my stepdad really but IMO it takes more than a sperm to be a father!). The people on the council estate were nicer than all the horrible snobs that live in my parents neighbourhood!

Hope you get somewhere soon x

I can't be of any help in the area you'll be in but council houses in general are much better than people think, I grew up in one and the estate was great, everyones parents had grown up on the same estate so we all knew each other really well, front doors were often left open in the summer so we were in and out of each others houses and we used to have street parties and things. Arguments were always sorted out quickly because we all used to see each other so often it was impossible to hold a grudge. Even thoough I own my house now I bought one on a very similar estate cos I want my children to grow up with the same friendly atmosphere I did.
I hope everything works out for you and you get a nice place :hug:

I cannot really offer you advice as I've no experience with what your going through but i didn't want to read and run and wantedt o give you these...

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

LMP x

:hug: We are having to do the same thing. Which although yes I sound like a right snob....its a big step for me to move to a council owned house. But my OH was bought up in council estates and he is the sweetest most lovely man you will ever meet. I think it doesn't matter where you live or grow up the thing that counts is who you are, you are a nice person you will bring up lovely children living in a council house or a mansion. Same as if your a nasty person then your children will probs turn out nasty too where ever you live.

Im sorry about your mum kicking you out its horrible and makes you feel so unloved but you have your own familly to look after now and you will do well for yourself. :hug:

I have always lived in council accomodation. I spend a lot of time at OH's house, but still have my council flat.

Once you have shut the door, any home is like any other. Your home is what you make it. Never worry about the source of your home.

A lot of social housing is now better than some houses people are paying mortgages on...sometimes the neighbours are better too lol

Sorry to hear you have been kicked out....But I am sure this will be the start of your life! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you girls!
Hopefully everything will be bearable, and I'll get through it with the baby (I'm single too).
She can wave goodbye to being a grandmother as well!
xx

Iv lived in council housing since I was 17, its not as bad as youd think! The first flat I had was in the city centre and was in a street with private housing, there were a lot of young couples and students.
The flat iv got now is in a private buliding(was council but everyone now owns) in a very nice area and my partner and I have recently bought it.
I hope you manage to things sorted out soon! :)

I don't think there's much difference between council housing now and private house like prvt renting or having a mortgage and to be quite honeest I'd choose council above the rest without even having to think about it. At least with council vs prvt renting it's more secure as in chances of council turning round in 6 months and saying they no longer want to rent is pretty slim. Council vs mortgage, if anything goes wrong with council then you just ring them up and they foot the bill, if something goes wrong in your mortgage home you either foot the bill or use your insurance on it then your premium goes up lol. Yah with mortgage at the end of it hopefully you have a nice little home to retire in or leave to the kids ect but thats only if things don't go bitterly wrong and u end up loosing it before that time comes and with house prices today there's a good chance of happening.

Sorry to hear your situation :hug: I am in a similar situation where I will have to live on my own in a council/housing association place and for me personally, there is an element of shame... but at the end of the day, the government set up this system for people in our situation and we should use it because if we don't, someone else will!

A house is a house, a home is what you make it. xx

I agree with Dannii that the systems there for those who need it.

We were in a situation last year where we were nearly homeless thanks to an arsey landlord. We were able to sort our finances and buy a house just in time, but we would have had to go down the council house route if that hadn't of worked out.

sending :hug:

I'm so sorry that your Mum has done that, I do hope you're ok and I do hope you can find some peace with her :hug: :hug: :hug:
As for council housing, it has bad and good properties just like privately rented housing, and owned homes. Also look into local housing associations, and get your name on their lists too. I'm sure if you explain to the council/housing associations, you're expecting, and will be living alone, they will offer advice or give contact information for you so you can find the right home and get some support :hug: Hope you don't mind me adding some links, you don't have to use them obviously but just very best wishes, I really hope you get somewhere, settled, real soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

http://www.accessplace.com/housing-asso ... orough.htm

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/section. ... catid=1894

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndComm ... /index.htm

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndComm ... G_10026226

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017977

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAnd ... /index.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads