• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

very sick on ''real'' food

jennywren

Reaction score
Oran is being sick when I try and give him ''real'' food. I say real as opposed to jar foods by the way. So oran takes jar foods (dinners, fruits, puddings any of them) with out a problem, infact he will wolf it down but when it comes to trying him on normal food so far apart from once he is violently sick. I say violently, its probably not violently but in the past when he has been sick, its a case of him opening his mouth and it pouring out no problems and him being fine with it, but he will have say 3-4 baby spoons of real food then, start gipping and wretching, then every wretch he is bring up lots of sick, proper chunky adult like sick of all the other stuff he has had to eat that day. Its horrible and he is so scared when it happens as his eyes water and go bright red, his hands shake and he grabs for me clambering his hands like he is petrafied. The one time he didnt do it was actually the first time he had food and we made it with baby milk and blended it to the consitency of stage 1 jar food it was 1 slice of lamb, potato and carrotts. He has since been sick on Sweet Potatoes and carrotts, Mince, potatoes and carrotts and chicken and carrotts and fish and potatp so there all different meals. All the meals were made with water and to a slightly thicker consitency than jars (as advised by HV to get him used to thicker textures) but I even tried blending one of them to jar consitency and still the sickness.

Could it be he needs the milk added, if so thats just weird!!

Any ideas?

I'm not sure but you could try blending it with the milk to see if he will eat it like that.

Awww poor little pumpkin... I think i would try to with the milk, or maybe just mash some tatties with his milk to see if that works, jar consistency? Hope you work it out soon hun,,, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's a tough one.... :hug:

I can only imagine it's the consistancy of the homemade food that he struggles with. Sometimes Sam gags on my food, but he never has problems with the jars. (I don't think it's a reflection on my cooking :oops: !)

I'd do as the others suggest and add a little milk or water to make it runnier for him.....

:hug:

well again i tried with milk last night and it was a bit (small bit) of beef, some tatties and carrotts and blended it to jar consitency and he wolfed it down with no gagging or sickness!! I then tried with water but did same consistency and he gagged so im thinking perhaps the milk is reducing the flavour a bit where as the water is no so it tastes to strong or something??

Ill try milk for a week, then do it so 3/4 milk and 1/4 water for a week, then half and half etc till its all water and hope to ease him off the milk in food that way.

what a blumming tuppence

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back