Tut Tut to jar food..........

jennywren

Reaction score
Ill give the full story..........

Oran has / had reflux (I presume its gone now pretty much) so when he was a baby and only on milk he was sick ALL THE TIME, it was 3/4 cloth changes a day for both of us till I got sick of it by the 4th change and left us in sicky ones lol. They eventually gave us Baby Gaviscone which worked a treat, it reduced the sickness about 85%. They said when he goes on to food he will be better. I started weaning, he was on jar foods stage 1. He was still sick with the dinners, (still not as much as before due to the gaviscone but still sick) which meant his sick was now orange. I thought it was cause he was still on milk and the milk was miking with the food and thats why he was still sick. His milk intake reduced and reduced and he went on to stage 2 jars and was still being sick - whatever colour food he had (never the puddings or fruit one just the dinners). It stunk as well, like proper sick. On a fair few occasions, we got to the last spoon of the jar, he would gip and gip then like the exorcist it would come out of his mouth, I became an expert at getting the bowl there and most times when he was ES (exorsist sick) it was a full jar that came up!

The drs just said still cause of reflux blah blah, should go by time he is 1. He then cut his own bottles down to 1 a night (cows milk) and I started giving him 'proper' food. Proper porridge, toast, bread, sandwhiches, fish fingers, potatoes & veg, home made spage bol, anything really and I didnt really notice anything, then one day we were out and I gave him a jar (after about a week of proper food) and about an hour later he was sick a few times, that made me realise I said to OH ''he aint been sick for about a week'' then back to proper food and no sick again, gave him a jar was sick. Back to proper food and no sick, then this AM was packing his bag and couldnt find anything for lunch so chucked a jar in, when I went to pick him up, she had had to change his clothes as said he was sick after the jar!!

So clearly there is something in ALL the jar foods that disagree with Oran as he is sick with them. SOOOOOOO no more Jars for Oran....Ever!

aww poor little thing - least you know whats making him sick and can stick to proper foods now :)

Can I ask though.. how come you give cows milk.. I thought it was 1 yr? (not saying anything wrong am just curious :) )

scrap that question lol.. just seen your reply in other thread :D

Sweetcheeks24 said:
aww poor little thing - least you know whats making him sick and can stick to proper foods now :)

Can I ask though.. how come you give cows milk.. I thought it was 1 yr? (not saying anything wrong am just curious :) )

Yeah least I know now!!

If you saw my reply in the other thread you know now he he. Plus I knew as he wasnt drinking formula he needed the dairy, better cows milk than nothing, plus I know the saying ''when I was young'' is annoying and old lol but when I was young all kids were put on cows milk early, me and my bro bother from 6 months - no problems here - never even broken a bone, either of us! Plus all friends and family were - as its just what you did back then - and I dont know a sole with a dairy allergy, or any other major probelm!

You just cant beat fresh food hun and im glad you have found the cause of his sickness and hopefully thre will come a ime where hes not sick at all.

If you saw my reply in the other thread you know now he he. Plus I knew as he wasnt drinking formula he needed the dairy, better cows milk than nothing, plus I know the saying ''when I was young'' is annoying and old lol but when I was young all kids were put on cows milk early, me and my bro bother from 6 months - no problems here - never even broken a bone, either of us! Plus all friends and family were - as its just what you did back then - and I dont know a sole with a dairy allergy, or any other major probelm!

DH was put onto cows milk at 6 months when his mum stopped breastfeeding, that was the advice then. Apart from being a shortass (which will be more to do with his genes than anything else!), he's rarely ill, never broken anything and is normal (well for a bloke!). with no extra limbs :lol:

I'm glad you found a cause for his sickness. DS has always been a sicky baby but has calmed down a lot now unless he's got a cough/cold then it only takes 1 gag before it all comes flying back out. I can sympathise with the orange sick, my poor carpet will never be the same!

If you need any recipes for homemade food then I can really recommend the Annabel Karmel books. DS has what we have as I have another youngster to cook for so we eat pretty well, but some of our regular dishes have been inspired by AK, including our curry night which we all dig in at :)

hey kina, I nicked the AK book from my mates book shelf so going to look at some recipies of the next week or so!

Im same as your DH, rarley ill, no broken bones etc so I think Oran will be fine.

Ive binned the remaining jars of food now so they will never again pass his lips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back