Very Lucky Duckies

Happybunny

Reaction score
I just watched a Child against all odds, anyone else see it? My heart went out to the midwife who just couldn't get pregnant.

It makes me realise how very fortunate I am. I will have to be far more positive when feeling grotty.

Btw, had my booking in today. It went very well and my midwife was lovely. Hooray! I still can't believe I'm pregnant though. She asked my questions about my birth preferences and I just couldn't think about what I wanted seriously, because it still doesn't feel like it is happening.

She thinks I might be due on the 25th July, or possibly the 30th :shock: Hurry up with that dating scan!!! :D

hi hun glad it all went well for you today, it is a lot to take in and so much to sink in. It will take you a bit longer to get your head around it all. :D

I didnt see the program unfortunately. God i bet thats horrible seeing lots of babies born but not having one i cant imagine it.

Anyway good luck with your dating scan and anyway how dare you change your dates your meant to be due the same day as me!!!!! :rotfl:

Seriously good luck when you get it through, take care hun :hug: :hug:

it's so hard for people that can't have kids.
i know a few people that have had IVF - some successful and some not.
it must be so awful putting yourse3lf throuh it time and time again for it not to work :(
you're right happybunny - makes me realise how lucky we are

Hi

aww thats so sad, makes you feel bad when your ocmplain about the little pregnancy symptoms.

Glad all is well with you though, it will hit you when you start getting a nice big bump

Katrina

Hi HappyBunny :wave:

I think I'm 8 weeks and 1 day. :) However, it's my sister's wedding on 4th August, so I hope I don't clash with that!! :shock:

How did you manage to get a booking in appointment so early? I haven't even had a letter from the hospital yet.

Zo

Hi peeps, thanks for the lovely messages.

Zoe, I had to have a pregnancy test done by my doctor (which is unusual this day and age). When I got the results from the receptionist, she booked me in to see the Midwife there and then. I will have all my antenatal checkups at my surgery.

I am not sure if is the same everywhere.

Hi HappyBunny

My OH and I watched that programme too. I felt the same as you.... that we are very lucky. :)

My best friend at work is going through IVF and now paying for it. It really is such a difficult thing. They want children but can't afford more treatments. :cry:

Sabrina

i agree. to be honest there was a point when i thought it would never happen for me in my previous marriage i was off the pill for 5 years and nothing. 8 months into my present relationship and bingo! maybe it was fate telling me it wasn' t to be last time.
i watched a programme on ivf a few weeks after i found out i was pregnant and it made me realise how lucky i was, i got there in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back