Very confused and scared

confoosed

Reaction score
Hi,
Hubby and I were trying for a baby. Did a test on day period was due. Was positive. That was 7 days ago. I haven't had ANY symptoms this week and I am concerned. I was pregnant earlier this year (sadly miscarried) and had sore boobs from day one of missed period.
Anyway, still no sign of a period this week (I never miss one). I have tested every day and 8 tests all say positive.
Here is the strange thing....doctor sent a urine sample to the lab. Receptionist tells me the result is negative. She told me this on Friday evening, so I haven't had chance to talk to a health professional about it.
I am very confused.
How can I have 8 positve home tests (all different brands) but a negative lab one?
I have no symptoms, is it possible to be pregnant and not have ANY symptoms in first 5/6 weeks?
Can they have got the result mixed up or wrong?
Am I kidding myself and this is not a pregnancy at all?

Please help! I am REALLLLLLY confused.

hi hun and welcome to the forum :wave:
im thinking it may be a lab mistake but then you think theya re the professionals :?

On Monday i would ring your gp and hand in another test just to be sure as they could have got it mixed up :x

good luck and hope its a BFP

take care
xxxx

hi hun please dont worry if you are pregnant then its not good for you or the baby. It is a bit strange :think: cant quite work it out. It sounds like you are pregnant but definetly get your doc to take another test. If you are pregnant then i wouldnt worry to much about the symptoms many women go through preg without any symptoms i have been sick once so far and feel totally fine now, hopefully you are just lucky.

Good luck and let us know how it all goes hun :hug: :hug:

Hi hun

Try not to worry when i was pregnant with my 1st i did 6 tests all of which came out postive and the test the doctor did came out negative, so dont worry im sure u are pregnant and the lab has just got it wrong :rotfl: :rotfl:

Try not to worry hun, it does sound like you are PG...
I had no symptoms throughout my pregnancy, only a bit of tiredness but I couldnt sleep as I was so excited most of the time..

I have had ongoing probs with my GP/midwife and tests results being mixed up/lost so I wouldnt rely on their test, ask for a re test to reassure you.

Let us know how you go xxxxxx

Bloody hell stupid idiots :shock:
They could at least have given you more information or made another appointment for you to put your mind at rest. This is not what you need at all poor you :(
Anyway I would say you must be pregnant surely? I have no symptoms other than tiredness this time around, no sore boobs, no sickness yet either, so the odds are in your favour!
Good luck and keep us posted xx

Thanks for your posts everyone, you have really helped to reassure me.
It does seem a little mean to leave me so upset all weekend!
Going to the Doc's tomorrow hopefully he will send me to EPU for bloods and scan!! I'll keep you posted.

hope it all goes ok for you hun take care and im sure your get your BFP :hug: :hug: x x

Dear love u thats terrible stupid doc's (sorry if anyone is a doctor) u would think after doing so many tests urself they would of took your word for it well hopefully u'll have better luck tomorrow with them..

Let us know how u get on.

P.s sorry to hear about ur m.c earlier.

im approx 7 weeks and have had no symptoms even though i felt sick from day 1 with first baby. Have done numerous tests myself which were all positive and even now its odd as i dont feel pregnant at all. hope it well at docs.
x

Hello all.

Handed my second sample into be tested toady (I tested it myself with a HPT, said positive...but then so did last one :( ), husband talked me out of going to see doctor until the second sample comes back. So will have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday now.

Good things though...starting to have a few symptoms, woke up feeling really sick (only lasted half an hour though) and my boobs are starting to get more tneder. Have been to the loo about 100 times today also. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your support and nice words everyone. I will update on Wednesday or Thursday!!

congrats :)
Just to let you know - my symptoms didnt kick in properly until about 7-8 weeks, only then did my boobs get sore and I was feeling nauseous.
Managed to get thru the whole MS thing without actually being sick but feeling sick all day and night was very draining. !

Best of luck !

i think it was probably their mistake.

8 BFP's would be some record if you weren't!

:hug:

good luck for wed or thurs. Im sure it is just a mix up with the last test it sounds like you are preg, (well the amount of positive tests you have done :rotfl: ) Take care let us know :hug:

you can't possibly not be pregnant with 9 BFPs. That would be insane.

My 1st test was +ve the next -ve so I asked the chemist who said you NEVER get false +ves unless youre on hormone therapy and false negatives are common so take it as BFP. Did another and another, 6 in total and the rest were +ve. I had no symptoms either nor was I sick as I was with DD so worried just like you.

i really wouldnt worry honey, my dr doesnt check as long as you have 2 postives with home tests they are happy, they say the hosp urine tests arent accurate enough...if your really worried get them to check you hcg levels in your blood, thats a definite answer...bxox

Hi

Good luck hun hope you get your BFP sounds like you are though
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111