Venture

lainey

Reaction score
I have always fancied getting one done, a friend of mines got hers done half naked with her bump, from bump upwards with her hands/arms covering her domes :lol: in black and white, and once hopefully I am pregnant I quite fancy getting this done with my partner and my bump. Perhaps him with no top on as well. Then come back once the baby is born and get one done all together wit the baby naked as well.

It costs quite alot for a Venture story, but I was wondering if anyone else has had one done and if they are worth the money?

http://www.thisisventure.co.uk/

We had some done at Venture in the Summer. They are lovely pictures but I dunno, I prefer traditional family portraits I guess.
I wouldn't say they are worth the money no, well not to me anyway, because money is really tight in our family.
I LOVE having photos of Lydia, but I can't help feeling that I'd have been able to get a lovely family portrait done elsewhere for cheaper that would have been just as memorable.

Only reason we went to Venture in the first place was because we had a voucher for a free photo shoot and 1 free small photo.
We ended up buying another slightly bigger desk photo because we wanted a family one aswell as just one of Lydia on her own.
We're now paying for the damn thing on credit for just over a fiver a month (total is couple of hundred I believe, I forget the exact figure). It doesn't seem a lot a month if you think of it that way, but my god, that's for ONE not particularly large photo. Not even a wall photo.

These were the pics we had - like I said I do like them, they're lovely. BUT ******edly expensive.
The one of Lydia is lovely and spontaneous, but the family one....well it's nice but you can only see half of Phil so that's a bit of a pain.

(they are photos of the photos so excuse the bad quality):

000_0519.jpg

000_0516.jpg

Those photos are gorgous xena, but ti does seem like they were awfully expensive!

When I got married to my ex we were totally skint and we put an ad up at the local uni for a third year photography student to come and do our wedding pics in exchange for permission to use them in thier coursework, dont have any copies to show you (destroyed them all lol) but they were pretty good, maybe you could try the same thing for your bump and baby pics?

I never thought of that, thats quite a good idea!

THose pics are stunning by the way,

The reason i asked was quite afew of my friends have had it done eg for 21st etc everyone has chipped in so much and handed it over as a present which is a good idea, and some of the pics were fantastic and totally different to the usual portraits. I think I probably would pay out as I dont like those standard family portraits you c in every house (they creep me out lol too cheesy) but i quite like it how the subjects are photographed differently. eg the black and white with one solid colour design.

Thanks for the advice everyone :D

ps did you pay for the pics on ur credit card? or do they offer a credit scheme? As I would want something big.

lainey said:
ps did you pay for the pics on ur credit card? or do they offer a credit scheme? As I would want something big.

do you mean me?

they have to do a credit check on you because it is done via Black Horse credit company....then once we passed the credit check I gave my debit card details (I don't have a credit card) and now it comes out of my bank on direct debit every month.

I was really lucky, my friend is a professional photographer and he did me loads of ones like this for free.

MB08.jpg

MB14.jpg

MB149s.jpg

I like them cos they are all very natural, and we taken in my mom's back garden. If you look on google there should be local photographers around and you can look at their work. Venture seems very overpriced to me, and anyone will be able to do the funky framing etc.

Forgot to mention - another annoying thing is that you have to wait at least 8 weeks before the pictures are ready for you (even for small pics).

So we had those pics done in July but they werent ready until September - and Lydia had changed a lot by then so it was kind of disappointing.

Wouldn't have minded but they didn't tell us until after we had signed on the dotted line and handed over debit card details that it would take so long....I mean EIGHT weeks....what were they doing? chopping down trees to make the frames?!

i have had 2 photos of Louie done proffessionally, first one done in mothercare, by 'pixi foto' & the 2nd in boots by 'pixi foto' again
both these 10" 12 photos cost me £ 5 each!!!

its a special offer & you get the chance to buy more, but obviously thses are expensive.
look out for these offers in shops like, adams, mothercare, boots etc.
if not like someone else said, search the internet/friday ad for a reasonable photographer in your ares.
xx

I got 9 some small some big pics done at pixifoto for £210, i love them they are really contemporary and different...if you look in the first year pics section they are in there somewhere "jakobs professional pics" the thread is called :)

i have had photos done with both pixifoto and venture.

the pixifoto one was £10, very good value for money and a nice print - what you see is what you get.

the venture one was a lot more posh - one photo we got was in a deal for £30, and the other we bought is 7x5 and costed £195... that was sadly the cheapest one you can buy!!!! they are lovely but i would say definately overpriced - even the photographer who showed us the photos admited that - but we fell in love with them so had to buy one. we are still waiting to get the back, i will post them in the photo section soon.

if you do choose to go to venture - be warned - you could easily end up spending £2000 odd, no joke! :?

izzyx

ps - xena and urchin - i love your pictures!

Izzy5400 said:
i have had photos done with both pixifoto and venture.

the pixifoto one was £10, very good value for money and a nice print - what you see is what you get.

the venture one was a lot more posh - one photo we got was in a deal for £30, and the other we bought is 7x5 and costed £195... that was sadly the cheapest one you can buy!!!! they are lovely but i would say definately overpriced - even the photographer who showed us the photos admited that - but we fell in love with them so had to buy one. we are still waiting to get the back, i will post them in the photo section soon.

if you do choose to go to venture - be warned - you could easily end up spending £2000 odd, no joke! :?

izzyx

ps - xena and urchin - i love your pictures!
honestly

Am really gutted now I wanted something along the size of A1 yikes

you'd be looking at about £1000

i remember a 5x7 picture is £195
the next size up 10x8 is £315

those prices are if you buy them the day you view the photos - its 20% more if you buy later!!

certainly not cheap!

izzyx

Izzy5400 said:
the next size up 10x8 is £315

that's the size we're paying off at just over £5 a month.

It's a ridiculous amount for a picture!

We had our pics taken on friday by the Venture equavalent here in SA. We got a "freebie" for the photo session and a framed 25cm desk photo. The photos are expensive - we're probably going for the option where you get 12 prints PLUS the cd to reprint our own. It costs R3000. About £220. www.lifestyleportraits.com

I'm just a bit peeved at the fact that it's going to take 8 weeks... grrrrr! Must say though ... the photo session was great fun - my kids loved it.

Emilia xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back