dog neutering/spaying

Riley's Mommy

Reaction score
hi there. my sasha is on heat atm bless her. handeling it very well.

as most know, ive got a male dog too, a couple of months younger than her. (shes 1 in june)

i need to get sasha spayed after this season.

i got told it will cost about £140 :shock:

this really annoys me when i seen offered cat neutering/spaying for free.

getting rebel done will cost £120 approx.

is there anywhere you can get it abit cheaper?

im on JSA atm, and going onto state maternity pay soon hopefully.

ill pay full price if i have to, but it annoys me paying that amount of money with i could spend on baby things, when cats can have it done free.

any ideas/expieriences?

how about the pdsa they are normally free if you are claiming benifits, give them a ring.

I was going to suggest the PDSA, also if you dont want to be rehoming puppies very soon id keep your 2 dogs seperate while she is on heat!

the rspca do it for free to if your on benefits (well about £5)

hope this helps

Hi

Hope you find somthing here you dont get anything for free or cheaper :lol:
Katrina

hey, im a vet nurse - i promise not to go into too much detail, but cat spay/castration is not as invasive as a dog. Some vets offer free cat neutering because, in some areas roaming cat, srays etc are a problem and castrating a cat can only take 10 mins if routine whereas a dog can take 30 - 45 mins. The same with Bitch spays they can take 45mins whereas cats can take 20.

Bitch spays are more invasive, bigger blood vessels etc.
I hope your vets told you to hav her done 3 -4 months after the season.

Hope that helps abit

Tori x

Tori said:
hey, im a vet nurse - i promise not to go into too much detail, but cat spay/castration is not as invasive as a dog. Some vets offer free cat neutering because, in some areas roaming cat, srays etc are a problem and castrating a cat can only take 10 mins if routine whereas a dog can take 30 - 45 mins. The same with Bitch spays they can take 45mins whereas cats can take 20.

Hope that helps abit

Tori x

thanks for that. its very usefull :)

they hadnt said about the 3-4months after to me, so ill bear that in mind. :)

GGG: i have been keeping them seperate :wink: i dont want no puppies.

ill get in contact with either the PDSA or RSPCA and see if there is one close to me who may be able to do it :)

if not ill take her to my local vet.

maybe a bit wrong to say but you normally pay affter so when they ask you for the amount say you didnt realise it would be so much and thenn see if they will let you pay by instalments its not as if they can reverse the procedure.

a bit wrong i know but i worked for my MIL and sshe only gets benefits.

Tori said:

Hope that helps abit

Tori x

Hey i'm a VN too!! nice to see another on here!

Certainly try pdsa, rspca sometime they have neutering days, or they have vouchers that will pay half.
If you look at the costs that go in to spay/castrate the rices are reasonable .

oh i can see why they charge what they do :) its just atm, if i could get a little help with the cost, it would really help me :)

The rspca often do vouchers towards the cost as do the national canine defence league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back