Vbac (vaginal birth after c section) mummies?

violet13

Reaction score
Hey, I'm planning to vbac with the help of my consultant and midwives they wouldn't allow me to vbac at home with good reason so fair enough but anyone who has vbac'd I'd love to hear your stories and births and what you felt helped you vbac :) it's also okay if you didn't I know I may end with a c section again xxx

I've been wanting to ask this aswell I'm going for a vbac after 2 c sections my consultant wasn't overly happy but my midwife is supportive of my decision

You can do it there's women who had had vba3c so you can definitely do it Hun. My consultant the man I saw was lovely but apparently I'll have a woman on Wednesday but you should join some vbac groups Hun xxx

I'm going for a vba2v I tried with my son but it ended in csection this time I'm desperate as this is my last baby x

I had a section with my son and wanted a vbac with my daughter which I successfully achieved in Feb. If you want to ask any questions feel free. I did a lot of research beforehand to know as much as I could and was very keen to have an active birth this time as with my son I was on a bed with monitoring and I swear this was the reason I didn't progress past 7cms dilated.

I was pressured into a sweep at 38 weeks due to a concern over growth but I refused this as I didn't feel ready and I wanted to avoid interventions. I did end up having a sweep at 39+1 and went naturally into labour at 39+4 and my daughter was born the same day 12 hours later with just some pain relief.

There is an excellent Facebook group to support vbacs which you can search for, it is a private group and when joining you will normally be messaged and asked your circumstances and why you want to join, but it really really helped me

Last edited:
Oooh pumpkin congratulations Hun :) I've researched loads too. I have to be monitored all throughout but they will allow wireless and also the clip, I'm planning to be active as well as I was stuck to the bed I was shattered after 22 hours and not progressing past 3cm from an induction. I do have questions if you're okay with them? I don't want a sweep if I can help it and want To walk around as much as possible, did you have the clip on babies head and did you labour at home as long as you could with minimal cervix checks? I don't want a lot of checks if I'm honest and I don't want to be made to get on the bed all the time but my midwife team is pretty good. Also how was it to have baby that way? I weirdly want to feel the cord and placenta o never saw it first time with my son xxx

Yeah I've got my heart set on a vba2c my midwife even said I could try the birthing pool because they have waterproof wireless monitors obviously I will have a c section if me or baby are at risk but this is my last baby and I really want my body to try I've never even gone into labour before with my boys

Yeah I've got my heart set on a vba2c my midwife even said I could try the birthing pool because they have waterproof wireless monitors obviously I will have a c section if me or baby are at risk but this is my last baby and I really want my body to try I've never even gone into labour before with my boys

Fingers crossed Hun I really hope all goes well xxx

Thank you I met my proper consultant yesterday and she's amazing I can't wait to vbac!! No risk and I can have a gentle c section if I want one or baby isn't in distress and I ask for it so yay!! I failed to progress with my son so fingers crossed xxx

Definitely recommend the vbac group on fb. It's amazing.

I'm aiming for a vba2c. Haven't met with consultant yet and my midwife has already told me they will say no. Which will not phase me at all. Because I am stubborn as anything. :)

I've seen my sister give birth naturally 5 times and it's literally amazing and I want to expierence that. It's my last baby so it's making me more determined.

My second they put down to "fail to progress" I was 8cm and was just slower than they'd expect. I won't be agreeing to a section on these grounds again.
It has to be an emergency.

Definately stick to your guns my consultant wasn't supportive at all but I'm stubborn aswell this is my last baby and my body has never been in labour so I'm not having anyone tell me I can't do it! The only reason I'll have a c section is if baby is in danger

Stick to it Hun, your body can and will do it my consultant has said that for women going for vba3c!! It can be done as long as baby or you aren't in danger it's all good, just be able to compromise on a cut off date even my consultant said the stillborn risks are still very low going past 42 they wouldn't risk anything but at least they where honest im excited to vbac tbh I think I can do it and I'm making sure I put planning in place xxx

I really wish we had these options in my country. I really wanted to try VBAC but most hospitals here advise against it. Government hospitals don't even let you try. Wishing you all the best. I pray it ends well for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back