UTI's in tri 1

Hchee1979

Reaction score
Hi girls,
have any of you suffered with UTI's during your trimester 1?
I suffer with them anyway but I want to check that that symptoms are virtually the same and thats I'm not worrying uncessarily about nubbin. I'm 8 weeks and had some brown blood when I wipe over the weekend and today and I'm thinking that the UTI is affecting the bubba.

I'm sure all my worrying isn't doing him any good!

x

firstly yeah uti's are still common hence why the midwife checks ur waters at appointments

the thing concerning me is your brown bleeding

i really dont want to scare you but the brown bleeding could be 1 of 2 things, either old blood which is nothing to worry about

or you could have the same as me which is a blighted ovum

basically this is where the body detects a problem with baby and it doesnt develop but the sac still does which is why you dont hve a period and u still get all preg symptoms.

i had light brown spotting and was diagnosed a week later

i would call ur midwife or epu and request a reassurance scan.

i reckon I've probably diagnosed myself then with an UTI...I'm going to see my doctor tonight about that and the brown spotting and I'm having an early scan tomorrow at 915am as well so hopefully get to see the little critter.

I'm only having a little in the mornings and nothing too major, for some it is completely normal to have this breakthrough bleeding. My mum had something similiar when she had me and she had an infection of her cervix.

I was diagnosed with a UTI a couple of weeks ago and have been taking antibiotics and since then its been ok. No discharge or brown stuff or anything. Good luck at the docs hun, and with your scan. I will keep everything crossed for you. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back