UTI & Vomiting

Yeah I don't know how they decide who gets what, I've been given the same one twice now, so would have assumed they'd have given me a stronger one when the first one didn't work.

I think the lab puts the sample under the microscope and tells the GP which antibiotics it is sensitive to x

Oh ok I guess that makes sense, yours are obviously nasty little feckers then! :)

That's what confuses me!! I've obviously got this horrid infection but feel great???
It makes no sense x

Probably. Just hope it does one and these tablets aren't too hideous x

I know the answer as to how they decide what to give you as I work in a lab.....they test for sensitivities against a few of the main antibiotics and go with what shows as most effective, or something from the same antibiotic family. Each infection can be sensitive to differing antibiotics each time, not always the same ones. Plus there is antibiotic prescribing guidelines set out for each board/trust. We restrict ones which are not as effective or can cause other more serious side effects, even ones which are just too costly to treat simple infections.

Hope you ladies start to feel better soon-eating whilst wanting to throw up is no fun and it is just a horrible circle! Good luck.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyLynn
Back