UTI & Vomiting

bellaboo

Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to see if any of you suffering from Urine infection
the doctor prescribed me antibiotics but i couldnt take them properly as im throwing up all the time!!! I thought i should be feeling better now i am 14 weeks but its actually gotten worse :( could there be a chance that the nausea and vomiting plus lack of appetite is due to the urine infection rather than pregnancy hormones??

And does anyone else feel really bad at 14 weeks or beyond??

I hate it just want to stay in bed all day :( so much for "the boost of energy":wall2:

I have one at the moment, I haven't started mine but I'm dreading it as they can cause nausea. What have you been given? x

The lack of appetite probably isn't helping either. You need to make sure you eat enough, and this usually means forcing yourself. Antibiotics can make you feel more sick, as for vomitting due to a UTI I havent heard of it before. Its probably a mix of both tbf. When I had bad MS and was on antibiotics for tonsillitis it made me feel hurrendous. I'd keep taking the antibiotics though unless told otherwise. IF you throw them up, you throw them up x

I actually forgot the name :S but it was 500mg over 5 days, but the doc said to have them on full stomache although i already explained i was vomiting and couldnt keep anything downs so i was not taking them properly :( now i think its come back, do you still have the nausea too?? Good Luck with it!!

xx

Just try and eat something and have antibiotic straight after. If you sick it back up then at least you've tried x

I will try, thanks babyem, the thing is i have always loooooved my food im always eating and cooking since i have become pregnant I cannot even look at food :( but im still trying... fingers crossed it gets better with time :D x

Same im a pig really! But when my MS was at its worse, and it was hurrendous - OH would have to force me to eat, and even if I threw it back up, having even a tiny something in me helped. When you dont eat your body produces ketones, which make you feel sick and nauseous, which make you not want to eat, etc etc - a viscious cycle I know only too well! x

I actually forgot the name :S but it was 500mg over 5 days, but the doc said to have them on full stomache although i already explained i was vomiting and couldnt keep anything downs so i was not taking them properly :( now i think its come back, do you still have the nausea too?? Good Luck with it!!

xx

Oh no! I think it's probably what I've been given, is it nitrofurtoin or something like that? x

I have a UTI at the moment, currently on day 5 of 7 antibiotics, I've been given Cefalexin capsules (500mg). This is my 2nd UTI too.

Although don't feel sick or anything.

Hope you feel better soon x

I thought I'd be given cephalexin, instead I've been given this nasty shit, still haven't started them x

I thought I'd be given cephalexin, instead I've been given this nasty shit, still haven't started them x

Mine don't seem to be working, this is the 2nd lot and I'm still peeing for England.

I'm dreading these tablets, they have awful side effects, I don't want to take them x

You need to get rid of your UTI though don't you? What they give you, a weeks worth?

20 tablets!!! One every 6 hours!!! Proper hardcore tablets. I don't even have any symptoms!!! x

Oh! *gulp* You need to take them though cos, even if you don't have any symptoms. You don't want a kidney infection instead, that would be much worse.

How long you had the tablets?

I only picked them up this afternoon, they have to be taken with food so I'll have to start tomorrow now x

when I have a uti which i do at the moment always makes me feel more sick :/

I dont feel sick, I don't have a temp, no frequent peeing, no stinging - nothing!!! x

I only picked them up this afternoon, they have to be taken with food so I'll have to start tomorrow now x

Ok, I thought maybe you'd had them a few days and were putting it off. You're lucky, I was gonna give you a mini lecture then lol. :shakehead:

Well hopefully they won't make you feel as bad as you think. Just make sure you do take them with a proper amount of food.

I got to pee in another pot on Wednesday and hand in my sample to make sure it's all gone!

It's just weird that I feel so good. I would have liked a gentler alternative drug. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to penicillin.
I'm sure they could have given me something not so brutal though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyLynn
Back