Useless booking appointment....

AugustMum

Reaction score
I had my booking in appointment just before christmas and was a little concerned with it at the time but Ive only just been able to pick up my midwife notes and now I think Im just annoyed at the midwife!

I thought the appointment was at half 3 but it was actually at 3 oclock, and I was 15 minutes late anyway as it was snowing, which made me 45 minutes late. I said sorry to them and explained what had happened and they told me to sit down and wait while they got the midwife, who then took half an hour to come see me and was very rude. I think I was sat with her for a total of 15 minutes and I didnt get any information from her, she just abrubtly told me to I needed to give a urine sample and Id have to do the blood tests on my own time as I was so late. She gave me the bounty pack and a few leaflets about antenatal classes. Told me when to collect my midwife notes and then sternly asked if I had any questions. This is my first pregnancy and I wasnt sure what to expect and felt bad about being late and so I just said I couldnt think of anything.

Ive now got my notes back and shes wrote in it, saying that shes explained to me things such as birthing options, and what to eat and what to avoid ect, which she did NOT discuss with me. Noone has spoken to me at all about the birth. I wasnt even contacted when the urine came back as having an infection. It was only at my scan when they asked if Id taken the antibiotics, that I said I didnt even know about it! Noone even knew where my notes were! I had to go away over the weekend and wait a few days to then see if they could find them!

Sorry this was so long, but thought Id explain before asking, should I speak to the midwife at my 16 week appointment and ask her to go through everything with me there? Or just leave it. Im so angry with that midwife, and I just hope she isnt that rude to any of the other women!

I dont think you got off to a very good start but arriving so late. She was probably under a lot of pressure anyway. If the snow had delayed you, it probably delayed a lot of the other women AND the MW.

TBH I dont think it's useful to anyone to carry it on. I'd say it was maybe 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. She didnt have the time to go through things thoroughly but you are going to get plenty of other opportunities to go over those things. It's not great that they didnt contact you about the UTI although I was expected to ring for my results last time but they should have made that clear OR rung you with them.

I'd say put it down to a bad day all round and spend some time writing a list of things you'd like to ask at your next appointment. Hopefully you'll get off on a better footing and build a better relationship with her :)

I think I will write a list next time. I would have rather rearranged as I was sooo late! I just got so annoyed at her for being so rude. I suppose your always going to get people you dont get along with. I think next appointment will be with a differnt midwife, because it'll be at my GP. So hopefully Ill get along with her better :) I think I just needed a rant lol.

Yes I agree with Merv's Mum - perhaps write a list of questions and things you want to discuss and if you dont want to wait until 16 weeks Im sure that you could book an appointment to see a midwife to go through them :) Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back