US Scan results after using clomid - really need your advice

Loobie9

Reaction score
Sorry bit of a long one.......

Yesterday i had a us scan after having taken clomid fron CD 2 - 6. I was told on my rightside it showed slight polycystic folicles, I have never been diagnosed with this as it's never been strong enough and i don't show classic signs of it. But she said it was ever so slightly there.
Then she said on my left i have a follicle measuring 17.88. She said that to ovulate the folicle would have to be about 18. something and it would appear that this folicle is almost ready to ovulate. So she advised that we use OPK's and see what happens in the next 2 weeks.
HOWEVER :? It's not normal (but possible) for ovulation to take place using clomid this soon, so it could also mean that it's a follicle left over from another cycle.

HAS ANYONE HEARD THIS BEFORE OR EVEN MAKE SENSE OF IT FOR ME ?.

I've come away feeling like i know nothing as to what is going on with me...

Many thanks in advance......

Hi

I've not taken clomid before so i'm just going on what happened during my IVF. When i was scanned they were looking for follicles of 18mm and above before i was ready. After that it was still another couple of days until they did egg collection. so what i'm trying to say is even though that follicle is almost 18mm it still could be a few days before you would ovulate. What day of your cycle was your scan done? I didn't think there was a set time that people ovulated on clomid. I thought it all depended on how you respond and that was the point of having the scans.

As to whether it was left over from a previous cycle. I'm not sure. I thought it would just be absorbed or something. If a follicle gets too big it can turn into a cyst. But i would think that they could see if it was a cyst during your scan.

I dont think i've helped!! But i didn't want to not reply. I know how worrying it is when you are 1st going through treatment. :hug:

Michelle x

Hiya :wave:

thanks for replying.

I had the scan on CD8, I normally have a 41 day cycle which is why it would be early for me, but then it could be the clomid speeding my cycles up i guess.

maybe i will ovulate earlier and have a af earlier than normal. which would also be good....

The clomid would definately change your cycle lengths as it is making your body produce an egg rather than relying on your natural hormones. I wouldn't worry too much as it sounds as though things are going well. Some people respond quicker to fertility drugs than others. I was on the lowest dose during ivf but produced quite a lot of eggs. Where as someone else i know is now on a really high dose as she has only managed to produce low amounts each time before. Your follicle still needs to grow a bit and then mature so it could still be a few days which would mean you're not too early in your cycle after all. I would get BD now though!!

Good luck, i hope it woirks for you.

Michelle x

thanks shellbham,

i am feeling lots going on in tummy, especially when i eat. Hmmmmm :?

anyway, i am going to get BD, as from tonight, so yes watch this space.

Good luck to you too, sending lots of babydust to you ..... :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back