Urine Infection and antibiotics

shesmurf

Reaction score
Last weekend I started with symptoms of a urine infection and managed to get a doctors app on Monday. He gave me a minimum dose of antibiotics to take but I'm a bit worried it's affecting the baby. I've found that since the weekend bump hasn't really been moving much and when I used my fetal monitor to check up on him he was hiding away down in the pubic area not doing much. :( The last couple of weeks before that he'd been really active and much higher up generally so just wondered if they go through quiet phases or if I should be checking this with the doc?
I'm just about to turn 20weeks if it makes a big difference

Hi Hun

Which ones are you taking?

I got a call from the doctors yesterday to say that my urine specimen results that the midwife had took had come back and I also have a urine infection. They perscribed me 21 amoxcillan tables - 3 a day. It was the receptionist who rang me and my obvious first response was to tell her that I'm pregnant and are they sure I can take them. She said yes.

When I went to collect them I asked again and she said she had double checked with the doctor and it was okay.

I have my doppler too and as long as I hear the heartbeat I feel re-assured.

Hi shesmurf (Ace name by the way SHESMURF!!!!!)

The antibiotics shouldn't affect your baby at all but please do talk to your doc if you're at all worried or ring NHS direct for some guidance (although to be fair they'll probably just tell you to go to your doc)

Lots of love from SheBex and SheConnie xxx

I'm on 250mg Cefalexin. Don't like to be hypo but want to take care of my bump at the same time. :think:

if that was the case god knows what poor alice would have turned out like. I took all manner of antibiotics when pg with her (plus loads of other meds).

i think between 30 - 27 weeks there was only two weeks when i wasn't taking pills for a UTI.

There are other things you can do to help clear it, cranberry juice, LOADS of water, wiping front to back, no sex, but TBH from what ive understood, you need to clear the infection and antibiotics are the best way. Ive also read dandilon extract tablets help, but im unsure if you can take these when pg :think:

I've had Cefalexin and it's no problem. An untreated infection is always worse than an antibiotic and they're fairly safe. Don't worry.

Hi

I wouldn't worry i was so relieved to be prescribed antibiotics for my cold as i'd had enough of feeling ill.

Hope you feel better soon.

Grace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back