Chest Infection - Antibiotics, Inhaler and high BP - Updated

gingerxmas

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I had great fun yesterday, I woke up all wheezy and coughy, and, after a trip around Tesco got home and was really struggling to breathe. Rung midwife who told me to ring doc, rung out of hours doc who told me to ring midwife, eventually got an appointment with out of hours doc, who has given me amoxycillin and an inhaler (which I have never used before).
Today my breathing is slightly worse, but I couldn't sleep last night so putting it down to tiredness.
Got to go back to my doc tomorrow though, as my blood pressure was high and it worried the out of hours doc that it was higher than it should be at this point on pregnancy, although its most likely due to the bug and the stress of trying to get something done about it!
Has anyone else had to take and inhaler or antibiotics during pregnancy? I know that since the doc gave them to me they must be safe for pregnant people, but I still worry, esp as I've never had an inhaler before and wasn't told how often to use it etc!

So now I've been diagnosed with asthma... given a course of steroids on top of the inhaler and antibiotics. Blood pressure still high, but no protein in urine so not too much of a worry. If it doesn't go by the weekend I'll be admitted.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you are not very well hun, hope your feeling better soon. Fingers crossed you BP comes down, let us know what doc says tomorrow. Get plenty of rest x x x

I have asthma and i know inhalers are perfectly ok during pregnancy!

sorry hun but i can't advise on antibiotics because i havn't a clue!

feel better soon! xxxx

Yeah I heard inhalers are okay too. And I had to have antibiotics quite early on with UTI and i'm fine. The doc said that the risk of you getting worse from being infected and ill is worse than the antibiotics. So don't worry hun, rest up and get yourself better soon :) x x x

I take inhaler for asthma hun. Hope you feel better soon. Xxx

Take the inhaler when needed i guess??? Unless it is a steroid inhaler then it will have its own set of instructions. Hope you feel better soon sounds awful what you got :(

Sorry to hear ur not well x I'm
Sure they would only give u things safe in pregnancy. I had antibiotics for a kidney infection and my doctor said there are a few safe for pregnancy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back