URGENT advice required - infected big toe!!!!

Cosmic, if you start feeling flu like or see the redness tracking up your leg you go to a and e - I had this and was very ill, was told if I'd left it overnight I'd have developed septicaemia x

Sorry, not wanting to scare you, just don't want the same thing happening to you xx

Cosmic, if you start feeling flu like or see the redness tracking up your leg you go to a and e - I had this and was very ill, was told if I'd left it overnight I'd have developed septicaemia x

Sorry, not wanting to scare you, just don't want the same thing happening to you xx

Exactly what happened to me. Awful.

Exactly what happened to me. Awful.

It was awful! was on IV antibiotics for days! If it develops into septicaemia you can be in real trouble, and at risk of loads of other things x

I hope your getting some relief from the suggested remedies cosmic. Seems like you have already decided to visit the doctors which is what I just wanted to suggest as sounds like you do need a course of antibiotics to get on top of it. Draw around the red area with a pen and if the redness spreads go to a walk in centre or out of hours GP, or if you don't have either of those just go to A&E. xxxx

I was on constant low dose antibiotics for mine because i had to wait so long for an operation to part remove the nails that i would become immune to the high dose ones after so long - anyway i constantly had infected toenails because they still didnt keep it all away and this is why i used home remedies day to day also to stop the pain or smell (sorry tmi) So i would visit the doctor and get your tablets and use the home stuff to speed it up and help sooth. Its a horrible thing to have best thing i ever did was get them done. xx

Last edited:
Omg, now I'm shitting my pants, I'm off to the walk in xx

Has the redness spread Hun? Do you feel flu like? Xx

No I feel fine and it hasn't spread, I don't think so anyway. Now I'm panicking :(
Didn't think it could be so serious x

Don't panic. It's nothing to worry about. Just always best to get seen with infections because If left untreated they can make you feel really poorly. Sorry to have scared you. Just better safe than in hospital on iv antibiotics.

Don't panic. It's nothing to worry about. Just always best to get seen with infections because If left untreated they can make you feel really poorly. Sorry to have scared you. Just better safe than in hospital on iv antibiotics.

Wss x didn't mean to scare you Hun, just sometimes they can spread so quickly and be dangerous x

Don't worry, I was already panicking after consulting dr google!
Went to dr, dr gave me a dressing that will hopefully draw out the bad stuff. They would normally try with an iodine dressing but can't because I'm bf. they also don't want to give antibiotics because I'm bf. they said hopefully it will subside but if it gets any worse I have to go back. Hope this works, I'm really anxious about it xx

Fingers crossed for you hun. If it was really bad they would have put you on antibiotics straight away so it sounds good. Now stay away from dr google!
xxx

but if t does get worse.make sure you get back to the drs.........reminds me slightly of ohs thumb just started swelling with no obvious reasona nd was painful to the point he needed 2 operations xx

I will, I'll watch it like a hawk. I'm hoping it just gets better and goes away xx

I hope so, I think it will, maybe I won't need it amputating after all (damn you dr google) x

How's the toe mrs? Looking any better?!

Hey sweety how is the toe!!!

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27