URGENT advice required - infected big toe!!!!

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I banged my toe a couple of weeks ago and damaged my nail. I filed the nail and it seemed ok.
It has become increasingly more red, hot and sore on that side only and is now obviously infected. I can touch the other side without pain.
It looks slightly whitish under the nail on that side too.
There is no nail under the skin there so it's not ingrown as such but it's getting worse.
I've tried bathing it in hot water, I've put bepantham and lansinoh on it (useless I know but all I had in!)
Anyone know any at home remedies?
I'm squeamish about feet and scared the dr might try to do something to it :(
Night the GP just give cream? xx

Sugar and hand soap. Draws the infection out :) xxx

Together and either rub in or dip in a bowl or something. I generally do that and then give it a squeeze and try and get the infection out. I always suffer from ingrown toe nails in my big toe!

Aw thanks love. I've tried to ignore it but its not getting any better. I've been really worried about it x

i had ingrown toenails until they where removed and i used to put a bowl of warm water and tee tree oil and soak my feet in that its worth a go you can get tee tree oil cheap at home bargins x

You may need antibiotics cos if its been like that a while :hugs:

helps putting it in the bath after labour to keep infection away if you have stitches. incase anyone wants to try lol xx

They say breastmilk is very healing, worth a shot? x

Another tip for tea tree oil is to mix with a teeny bit if milk before putting in the water, that way it gets carried around water otherwise just sits as a film on top of the water!!

Hope you get it sorted, but like nurse said, if it's been like that for a whole you might need to bit me the bullet and see the doc for some antibiotics Hun :( xx

Thanks girls.
I'll try all of these suggestions and if no luck I'll have to go to the dr :( xx

Buy some tcp its the dogs bollocks!! :D first do sugar and soap then try squeeze it out then soak in warm salt water - that's cooled slightly from boiling - this will help heal the skin once the infection is out and then lay on the tcp it will sting and it may burn or it may not hurt at all!! BUT it's bloody fantastic stuff :)

I've had this and the doctor just gave me anti-biotics.

Buy some tcp its the dogs bollocks!! :D first do sugar and soap then try squeeze it out then soak in warm salt water - that's cooled slightly from boiling - this will help heal the skin once the infection is out and then lay on the tcp it will sting and it may burn or it may not hurt at all!! BUT it's bloody fantastic stuff :)

Ooooh great! I've got some stocking up to do tomorrow.
Thanks for that xx

I'd defo try boobie milk! I used to used it on Ks sticky eyes! Hot bath with brown dettol! When I was dancing I used to use magnesium sulphate paste I think it was and bandage it up! Used to do it when my fingers got all sore around the nails from
Biting too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back