Urgent advice needed please help me.....

I've been getting braxton hicks for the last few days. Sometimes and recently they have been quite painful. They seem to be every 10 - 20 mins or so. I checked my cervix and it seems a little bit soft and open. Is this normal? Am I worrying over nothing? I know it's asking a lot but can someone tell me if theirs is the same or not? My cervix was always quite hard before and definately not open at all. I've also had some thick discharge which is like phelm or something :oops: I feel like a right idiot saying this but I have to know even if I'm worying over nothing. Thanks guys.

xx

Sami, I can't say that I have had anything like that, and I'm about a week behind you. With that discharge and the cramps, I'd say you might have picked up an infection somewhere hun...I'd advise you go to the doctor as soon as you can and get some reassurance.

Let us know how you get on...
Sue

What has your midwife said Sami?

Havne't rung midwife coz OH thinks I fuss over nothing and so do his parents (who we currently live with). tried ringing NHS direct but it's a 3 hour wait time so I dont know what else to do now :(

The discharge was like snot - is that a show? God I feel like I worry too much too - I just can't help feeling so scared now. :(

I honestly dont think you have anything to worry about, pains are normal during pregnancy, i have had alot of them and im sure many others have, as for the discharge, as long as its clear and not off coloured then i think thats fine, i have been getting alot of clear discharge too, its all part of being pregnant sweetie.

if your still worried tho, contact your midwife

xxxx

Hi Sami,

I thought the following info might help you (I found it on medical sites). I think you should check it out though, because it is better to seek professional advice.

As for the discharge thing - i've been having alot too (i'm 12weeks) and it sounds similar to yours. I'm worried now though because mine isn't clear in colour as layla mentioned :?

These "practice" contractions occur at various times during pregnancy, but can increase in intensity during your last month. They happen at random and are typically not painful. They do not dilate the cervix as "real" contractions do.

They are present in all pregnancies starting as early as 6 weeks. B-H contractions can occur during Labor. They can also occur without labor. At any time in pregnancy, if a woman has 4 contractions over a one hour time span for 2 consecutive hours, she should contact her caregiver.

Hi Sami, hope you're ok.

Just wanted to give my experience of the discharge stuff, I've been having quite a bit which is lumpy and yellowy green looking, like the consistency of snot :oops: :oops: , I'm pretty sure that it's normal.

But if you are worried it's always better to put your mind at rest by speaking to your midwife, don't worry about what your OH and his parents have to say. It's your body!

Well I'm having the same discharge and I had to go to the hospital the other day because i was spotting a little. The doctor did an internal and she commented on it to the nurse and took a swab but didn't say that it was a problem. She just said it as matter of fact - so i think it must be ok.

Vicky x

Hi hon,

Please don;t be scared, I have had thick discharge and have been having quite painful period like pains for the last week and my baby is still kicking and messing around in side me. If you are at all worried go to a and e, Im not saying that to scare you because I know how scary it can be but if you are worrying and scared then you need reassurance and that is the best place to be. You are not fussing over nothing, you are worried and that is nothing as worry can be harmful although we all do it on a regualr basis. i am sure they will check you over and say all is ok and send you home but I just hate to think of you worrying. I have had 2 rushes to hospital and they have never made me feel stupid and I got to see my baby so it had a positive side. Let me know how you are doing, Big hug to you babe xxxx

Sami,

You need to urgently go and see a dr or your midwife or even A&E, if you think your cervix is opening, my cervix is soft i think this happens anyway in pregnancy but it's worrying if your cervix is opening. however, if it is opening and you see someone before it opens too much then they can put a stitch in the cervix to hold it shut.

Don't listen to your oh or parent in laws it's your body and only you know what you're feeling. I've made 2 dashes to the hospital once with bleeding and once with pains in what felt like my cervix, they said it was probably constipation :oops: as the cervix apparently has very few nerve sensors.

I hope everything is ok please let us know how you get on

Manda x

Hi guys I rang the hospital and spoke to Gynea. They said that the cervix can go soft from the second trimester and expechially as I've had a pregnancy before (even if it resulted in miscarriage I am classed as Para 3 which means 3rd pregnancy in midwife terms). As I wasn't getting severe pain they said it's fine for me to stay at home and just rest. But if it gets more painful then go into a & e or see my GP tomorrow.

She also said it can be normal at this stage to have a slight opening in the cervix (although they did tell me off for checking) :oops: but if I do worry then just to go in. The woman in labour ward (presumed a midwife?) was quite grumpy but she put me through to Gynea anyway and was told the above.

Still got pain and B-H but it's not that bad. Thank you so much for your quick replies. They made me feel so much more at ease now. Going to GP tomorrow about the discharge/snot stuff and see what they say coz it might be an infection or something if the pain isn't just B-H.

Feeling better about things now I know. Thanks again guys. You convinced me to call them which is the best thing I could have done. xx

Glad everything is ok it's always wise to get checked out though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back