what are these feelings?

trixipaws

Reaction score
this is my first pregnancy, so i'm not familiar with pregnancy feelings and what to expect. i'm getting a little anxious and impatient as i havent felt any baby kicks yet even tho i'm nearly 21 weeks (or if my period is correct, over 22 weeks!)- but recently i've felt a tightening or tensing feeling around my tummy and flutterings. is it the baby? is it braxton hicks? is it neither?! i'm doubtful if it is either because i am a coeliac and have ibs, so these feelings would not be unexpected even if i wasnt pregnant.
when do u feel the baby with ur first? when do u get braxton hicks? which do u get first? how do they feel exactly?! sorry for all the questions!

Hi hun

I've been getting BH since around 16 weeks and did so with Maddie - that could be the tightening you're feeling.

The flutterings could easily be baby moving - with your first baby most people feel them around 16-22 weeks. If it is then they will start to get stronger each day!

LBxx

Trixiepaws, it's too early for you to worry, lots of people don't feel things until around 22 weeks.

It can be harder to sense if you're a larger lady? :?

I'm sure it will happen soon for you xxx

hey hun, i haven't felt kicks yet, but i'm not worrying, all i feel is butterflies.. and the braxton hicks i don't know if i'm feeling them though :think:

you'll feel them too :hug:

Minxy said:
Trixiepaws, it's too early for you to worry, lots of people don't feel things until around 22 weeks.

It can be harder to sense if you're a larger lady? :?

I'm sure it will happen soon for you xxx

i'm around 60kg, which i think is large as i was only 45kg a couple of years ago!

thanku, i hope it does happen soon!

My sis in law was 22 weeks with her first. It sounds like your experiencing both!! I've had BH from about 16-18 weeks and the fluttering feeling will be baby :D

Hi

As others say not to worry everyone feels it differently, With Kiara i didnt feel it till 19 weeks and this one i was 13 , i think we feel them earlier but dont realize its what were feeling. But sounds like both to me

Katrina

My Consultant said it doesn't usually happen till about 20 weeks that you can properly feel the baby (a little earlier for second pregnancies and beyond). Try not to worry about it.

I bet those little fluttering feelings you've had are the baby moving.

How has your IBS behaved since you've been pregnant? Both my mum and my nan have IBS quite severe at times. I have had the mild signs of it and since I've been pregnant things are "different".

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back