Upper back pain????

Jenbob

Reaction score
Hi guys

Has anyone experienced upper back pain?? It's killing me this week! Not sure if it's because I'm not sleeping great and can't get comfy, but tonight I'm just constantly uncomfortable and have horrible upper back pain.

I had a early scan so everything is ok but just wondered if anyone else has experienced upper pain so early on and if it's connected?? I'm 8 weeks tomorrow xxx

I had this with my first. It was like a really intense burning pain. only lasted a few weeks and then disappeared right until the final weeks ~ hope it does for you too! Heat pads helped x

Thanks guys wi try both suggestions! It's horrible. Really finding it difficult to get comfy at night too :( will try that pillow and see if it helps!! I can never sleep on my side, so the pillow will probably be needed later on anyway :) xx

I bought that pillow set from Argos last week and couldn't recommend it enough. It certainly helps me get a comfortable nights sleep. It's on sale as well so total bargain

Michelle x

Literally bought that today Michelle!! I was going to buy the massive one they had on offer at £28.99 but there was none in stock thought I'd give the argos one ago. Can't wait to go to bed tonight :lol:

Last night it killed me! Everytime I lie on my back 5 minutes later it hurts! So need to adjust to side sleeping now which I've never been good at :( could it be to do with my boobs starting to change? (I noticed this morning they are starting to feel a little heavier/tender?) xx

It's also good to lie on your left side as it helps with blood circulation round the placenta. That's why I use the pillow it helps keep me on my side and keep me comfortable

Michelle x

Thanks for the tip! Will get practicing tonight! Xx

Apparently it also helps your kidney function and helps reduce swelling.
Swapping from side to side is best in pregnancy. I find it helps by tucking one end of the pillow between my legs and the other end tucked under my belly and boobs.

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back