Uppababy Vista, Bugaboo Chameleon or Silver Cross Pioneer?

D3bbie

Reaction score
I am so undecided between the Uppababy Vista, Bugaboo Chameleon and Silver Cross Pioneer. I've read loads of reviews and watched youtube videos and I'm still split.

I'm lucky that my mum is buying the pram and as I'm an only child she doesn't mind the cost as it'll be a one off - so I'm not considering price. I think she's just very excited to be a granny!

Does anyone have these prams that can give me some feedback?

I'm worried that I can't access the basket on the Chameleon with the carrycot on and that it collapses two fold and doesn't clip together when folded.

I LOVE how practical the Uppababy Vista is but it's just not as pretty as the other two (I know this shouldn't really be a factor). It is the heaviest and widest of the three though and I'm quite small (and weak).

The Pioneer looks lovely but I've heard it can get caught on curbs. I've also not really seen these around when out and about.

I've seen Vistas and loads of Chameleons when shopping and on holiday.

Any advice?

I have the Chameleon and have used it for the past two years with my son and will be using it again for my next baby due in October. I love it and actually I cant think of anything I don't like about it. You are right, with the carrycot or stroller seat its more difficult to access the basket and the basket isn't very large but I have never really needed it anyway. I do find it light and very easy to push, fold down and its always felt very sturdy for my son. You can use the pram top as a travel cot for one night too which I found useful when my son was little as saved me having to take a pram top and moses when stopping out! Happy shopping!! xxx

I have the Chameleon and have used it for the past two years with my son and will be using it again for my next baby due in October. I love it and actually I cant think of anything I don't like about it. You are right, with the carrycot or stroller seat its more difficult to access the basket and the basket isn't very large but I have never really needed it anyway. I do find it light and very easy to push, fold down and its always felt very sturdy for my son. You can use the pram top as a travel cot for one night too which I found useful when my son was little as saved me having to take a pram top and moses when stopping out! Happy shopping!! xxx

Where do you put your changing bag and shopping with the carry cot on? They always say not to put it on the handlebar. xxx

I've always put the bag on the handlebars and never had a problem. I didn't realise you were advised not to. Any shopping I put in the basket but wouldn't be much as big shops I always take the car! Xxx

Hi I have the pioneer and absolutely love it, LG has always been really comfortable in it. The basket underneath is a much bigger size than the wayfarer and has better wheels but yes the wheels can still get stuck but there is a kick bar to press on so never been an issue. They also recommend not pushing on handle bars or fixing the change bag to it as it may void the warranty. I love the foot muff it has kept her nice and warm. The raincover must be put on from back to front but u soon get used to it, it's a lovely tight fit to keep your lo snug. I would recommend buying the extra memory foam liner for the pushchair bit as it makes it more comfortable.

We got the uppababy 2015 edition for the following reasons:
-can convert to 2 if you have another child
-can use with a buggy board
-can have seat read or front facing
-wheels fix so can be used semi off road or peeble tracks
-carrycot is really easy to come off one handed
-can be used with maxi cose car seat and adapter come with it
-pushchair lies flat so can be used from birth
-carrycot can be used overnight
-folds with pushchair unit attat he'd

My husband and I looked at loads of prams and we went for this in black/Jake in the end. Yes it's expensive but will hopefully do us if we decide to have more kids so will be worth it. We don't know what we are having so thought black was most practible. I believe you can get the blue colour a lot cheaper.

Thanks ladies.

My decision was made for me as the Bugaboo was the only one to fit into my boot, and that was with a wheel off. My car isn't the smallest in the range so I was surprised, but it is an awkward boot space.

I'm really happy though, I would probably have struggled to make a decision otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back