X50T or any bugaboo pram people

annem

Reaction score
why did you choice the chameleon one?

My OH wants a bugaboo (even though my mum has brought us a mamas and papas-men :twisted: ) and now we are trying to decide on the model.

The bee does not have adaptors yet for maxi cosi seat so thats out but thats as far as we have got!

so, the options you have are the gekko or the chameleon. We went with the chameleon for the following reasons:

- choice of colours (the gekko comes in a few different colours, but only one colour per pram)
- adjustable height handle bar
- great suspension system on front wheels
- larger carry cot

I think the gekko was only about £100 cheaper than the chameleon, so we felt the extas you got with it were worth it. We've got the maxi cosi car seat which clips right on (with the adaptors). The adaptors are about £25.

Not sure if u are anywhere near London, but the baby show is on this weekend. We ordered our system at the last baby show from a shop called 'glasgow pram centre' - they threw in the car seat, adaptors and parasol for free :D We still had to buy the easy fix isofix base for the car seat (about £90) but you can use the car seat without this (just by using the seat belts).

The main reason we went with the bugaboo was the fact that it was the lightest we could find. I have a 4x4 and have had quite a bit of shoulder surgery so wanted something I could lift in & out easily. We also looked at the Quinny Buzz, but we preferred the 4 wheel version. The buzz chassis was also heavier.

Hope that helps :D

wow you got a good deal there! I maybe able to get to the baby show this weekend :pray:

Yeah my OH loves how lightweight it is and you can take it cross country and just clip the maxi cosi on it.

whats happened to the frog?

the chameleon seems better if there is not much in the price.

annem said:
wow you got a good deal there! I maybe able to get to the baby show this weekend :pray:

Yeah my OH loves how lightweight it is and you can take it cross country and just clip the maxi cosi on it.

whats happened to the frog?

the chameleon seems better if there is not much in the price.

u cld always give the glasgow pram centre a ring & see if they r doing the same deal this time, before you trek into London.

Their website:
http://www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk/shop/index.php

They were throwing in the car seat for free automatically, and we found another stall which was also doing the car seat adaptors and the parasol for free, so we got GPC to match that deal. We didn't go with the other place as they weren't as helpful as GPC.

I think the Frog just got discontinued over here, althought I know u can still get in the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back