UPDATE Terrified. Brown Spotting (TMI)

Cameron2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post in the Pregnancy section rather than TTC, just looking for some advice or opinions.

I got my BFP a week ago, it was quite a strong line for only 8DPO. I was trying not to get too excited as so far this year I've had a miscarriage at 14 weeks and two chemicals. My symptoms have been strong tho this time and I took another test during the week which had an even stronger line, plus I've went 7 days so was starting to relax and rule out a chemical and get excited.

Then last night when i wiped there was a load of brown kinda of slimy discharge/blood. It was like ewcm with brown blood through it. It's like what I usually get just as I start AF.

I put a pad on and expected to wake up with a heavy bleed but nothing, I've been upset and checking all day but not had another drop so far.

I don't think it could be implantation bleeding 7 days after a BFP.

Sorry the post is so long. Do you think it's all over? :(

Xxx

Last edited:
Hiya. My implantation bleed was about a week after my BFP although can't remember exactly how many weeks I was then!
It sounds like it was exactly the same as yours too. Honestly, sounds identical.
Brown blood is usually old blood and common, so take a deep breath and try to rationalise this. It's good. You haven't had anymore, but if you're still worried, definitely, (in fact even if you're not) ring GP and get an appointment and ask to go to EPU or ring EPU as some of them just let you turn up if you need to. Some will only take you if referred by GP.
If you're worried there are a lot of people who will help/chat/support. Tommy's midwife lines are good and although there is only so much they can do without examining you, if you can't get an appointment yet, they are calming and may be Abel to help you feel calmer about it.
Let me know how it goes! Xx

Thank you so much that really made me feel better. Going to phone the EPU tomorrow and see if they will do a blood test xxx

My friend had the same thing at five or six weeks pregnant, she was told it was old blood so try not to panick as hard as it is xx

Both my losses started with brown spotting but I had spotting in my other two pregnancies too and everything was fine so it isn't always something serious.

I had the same as you describe at about 7 weeks and I was so worried. I told my midwife but she wasn't concerned. I then had it again at about 11 weeks with a bit of cramping so rang my GP for advice as couldn't get hold of midwife. They gave ne the number for epu who gave me a scan the following day. All was fine and I'm now 15 weeks pregnant. Thinking of you and hoping all is ok xxx

Hope you get an appointment today. No more lovely gunky stuff?!

Last edited:
Not had any more or any bleeding but done a test last night which was a completely stark white BFN. It was a £1 test from ASDA tho and my BFPs were on FRERs. I would have thought after 7 days my hcg should be strong enough to show up on any test tho so I'm terrified. I've been to the EPU and had bloods done, just waiting for the result. Also handed in a urine sample as I'm really prone to kidney infections and UTIs. I'll update you when I know. Hate waiting and not knowing! x

Last edited:
Went to the EPU this morning and had bloods done. They said I've had a complete miscarriage and my hcg is below 5. Not had any bleeding yet since that one but of brown discharge when I wiped so suppose just waiting on it. Fourth miscarriage this year, totally heartbroken don't think I can keep going through this. Xx

So sorry to hear this hun. Hope you have lots of support from your OH xx :hug:

I'm so so sorry �� I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you love and hugs xxx

Oh bless you. I am so sorry for your loss, sending love xx

Sending lots of hugs to you xx
Is there anyone close who knew you can console in? Xxx

Oh no :-( So sorry :-(
I don't know what to say other than look after yourself and perhaps ring the Miscarriage Association. They are brilliant. Really brilliant.
Hugs :-( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back