Update on Selection Event!

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Well..it was brilliant! There were only four of us, 2 of whom were A-level students and who couldnt spell?! I did really well in the group discussion where we had to use half an hour to come up with qualities of a mental health nurse, I actually came up with the most significant buzz words of mental health it seems so I was pretty chuffed with myself. We then had to answer questions and that was fine too.

Afterwards we were called in one by one; the lady leading the 'interview' was the senior lecturer in mental health at the university. She said to me 'you havent done anything academic since 2000?' to which I told her I finished my degree in 2003, that wasnt even on the information she had; when she asked me what my degree was in her face lit up and she commented on how interesting it was and how her sister had done something similar at the same university - she also knew one of my old lecturers - we were instantly on the same level, which must have been refreshing since some of the other girls couldnt spell and openly admitted it. She asked me if I was applying for the MH degree to which I replied yes, she said 'good, thats what we want' - then she said she had no concerns about my academic ability and record! She also said that they wanted more technically trained MH nurses these days.

Something that makes me think they will offer me a place is that she said she wanted to email me a book title and the name of a journal that I should read - now she wouldnt have done that if she wasnt going to offer me a place eh?

Overall I am chuffed to bits and am 98% sure that they will offer me a place - have to wait for the paperwork to be processed and then check my UCAS portal for the result. Thanks to everyone who lent me their support yesterday and today xxx

Sounds like you're in hun! Well done!! :yay:

:yay: sounds as though u have it in the bag and all wrapped up with a bow :D

Oh heck I hope so, I seem to have convinced myself! If they do offer me a place I have to defer it to 2011 so thats the hurdle if I get an offer but it should be fine :)

fantastic hun! sounds like you made a good impression. well done xxx

:yay: :yay:

Oh that's brilliant news, and sounds incredibly positive indeed! I'm sure they'll defer you instead of losing you, honey!

:yay: :yay:

:yay: ahhh that sounds like it was fab!! Well done :) x

It all sounds very positive, i'll keep my fingers crossed that they offer you a place xx

Im even more convinced that I have a place now as the lecturer emailed me today with the title of that book and journal, she also said how now nice it was to meet me! I have decided that if I get an offer of a place I am going to email her and explain why I am deferring and apologise for not bringing up my pregnancy at the interview but I didnt want to discuss it at that time. Do you think that sounds like the right thing to do? She has been really lovely and is obviously a very supportive and nice person and I hate to think that Ive deceived her. It does worry me a bit that she might think Im a time waster? :eh:

no dont worry! Loads of people defer. I did it to go travelling. I did a healthcare professional course too and had to be interviewed got a place, then deferred it and spnt a year travelling! I think you've got a better reason than I did and it wasnt a problem. x

Thanks Tiny - that made me feel better. I just want UCAS to update now so I can email Avril (the lecturer) and explain :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back