unwanted pussy - photos added - shes been rehomed!!! YAY!!!

budge

Reaction score
right here is the story.

my friend split up with her hubby in march and she just up and left the marital home. She managed to re home the dog but couldn't part with the cat. she had had her for 11 years.
So me being a soft silly cow that i am offered to take the cat. She assured me that in a few weeks time when she had found a place to live she would come get the cat back from me.

So i got loads of things for the cat to make her feel at home ( :roll: ). She won't go out the door so i have to have a litter tray which i had to buy. Plus ive had to but food , and litter of course.
All in all its more or less costing me £15 a week

aNYWAY this so called friend of mine kept texting me and each time i asked her what her living situation was. She said she was in a hostel and no pets allowed. I then found out she was in a flat and i said come on then come fetch the cooking fat.
She then told me that she had changed her mindand had decided she could take the cat back. Too much of a bind and cost :x rahhhh

So im stuck with a cat. Im allergic to her as shes long haired. She cost me a freaking fortune. I can't let my beloved birds out as much anymore coz of her and to top it off she hisses and spits at my rabbit :x
Im not saying shes a bad cat. Shes gorgeous. All fluffy and meowy. I just hadn't bargained on keeping her for good

Does anyone want her?

I have rang the Cats protection and they are full up. Besides as much as she pisses me off and makes me sneeze i want her to go to a home not a shelter. She is a nervous thing and it would freak her out.

what shall i do? Do you think if i advertise her ill get her rehomed? who would have an 11 year old cat that i fear is a bordering agrophobic.

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

If you advertsie free to a good home, genuine reason. She willgo quite quickly as this is how we have re homed animals in the past.

mrs_tommo22 said:
If you advertsie free to a good home, genuine reason. She willgo quite quickly as this is how we have re homed animals in the past.
yeah - i thought that. Im reluctant to put free though. Although i wouldn't want mayment of course.
Im thinking ill put £30 to secure good home . then when someone comes out prepared to pay that i know she will go to a good home and let them have her for free.
i think ill pop her in next wednesday.

Don't you think my friend was a cow!!! I hadn't known her long to be honest but i think she took the piss out of me big time. Pah - story of my life though

:shock: Charming of your friend for landing you with it!

Cat protection usualy end up putting it down even if its healthy after they have had it too long :cry: we were going to use them when we moved from Ireland but got told that and took the cats with us!

We rehomed ours when I got pregnant they were messing up peoples gardens and also us not knowing if we had to move to a bigger place or not so it was only fair.

I put a note up in the florist I work in and literally 20mins after there was a old man in asking after the two girls. Key things were "Loving affectionate female cat needs a quiet home would suit elderly person, has been neutered (or not) is a indoor cat" Then just really big up how lovely it is when they come in or phone! :) The old guy gave £60 to a charity I choose he was so happy with them!

nickilubs said:

Cat protection usualy end up putting it down even if its healthy after they have had it too long :cry: we were going to use them when we moved from Ireland but got told that and took the cats with us!

We rehomed ours when I got pregnant they were messing up peoples gardens and also us not knowing if we had to move to a bigger place or not so it was only fair.

I put a note up in the florist I work in and literally 20mins after there was a old man in asking after the two girls. Key things were "Loving affectionate female cat needs a quiet home would suit elderly person, has been neutered (or not) is a indoor cat" Then just really big up how lovely it is when they come in or phone! :) The old guy gave £60 to a charity I choose he was so happy with them!

your story was so nice

she would suit a quiet home (mines tooo noiseyLOL)
ill use your advice thankyou

It's not a nice thing to do. Slightly different but my Ex hubby did that with my Stepdad.. when we split my step dad looked after the cat while he was getting himself sorted until my ex fooked off down south :roll: luckily my step dad loves the cat so has kept him - the swine :x :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
It's not a nice thing to do. Slightly different but my Ex hubby did that with my Stepdad.. when we split my step dad looked after the cat while he was getting himself sorted until my ex fooked off down south :roll: luckily my step dad loves the cat so has kept him - the swine :x :lol:
thing that does me is that id never dream of doing things like that myself. I did loads for her - and i feel such a fool to have been taken advantage of. :(

:( what goes around comes around.. she'll get her comeuppance (sp?) one day. :hug:

Aww I can't believe your friend did that. If I could I would have the cat. I'm a sucker for a sob story. I lost one of my cats this week. (Well, some b*stard ran him over).

But I would go with Nikilubs advice, she sounds like a good pet for an elderly person.

gosh some people are just so rude! i hope the cat finds a new home, i wish i could help but we've had enough kitty problems of our own this year so cant im sorry :(
ur very good and kind :hug:

nickilubs said:

em!

I voluntered with cats protection and that was never my experience. I wouldnt like people to think thats what happens across the board.

I advertised my two on ad trader. They got a godd home and i gave the money 30.00 to CAts protection League.

if anyone gets stuck with rehoming their cats please let me know, i have rehomed cats from my home for a couple of years now and have the support from my vet and another cat rescue, i usually take in cats where nobody else will take them, i do have an outdoor cat pen but most of them end up in the indoor cat house untill they are rehomed.

well i have sad news.

i haven't found a home for sophie. :(

Three days ago she took ill. Went off her food and became weak. So today ive had to take her to the vets.
shes there now having check ups.
i didn't realise i had become so attached to her. :( i feel very sad .

I have told the vet that i want to be with her should she be put to sleep. They think its renal failure so being put to sleep is a strong possibilty.
I love her and i want her to be in the arms of someone who loves her if she does have to go. .... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back