Unusual or made up names please!!

Emmsy29

Reaction score
I did have willow and harper but hubby hates willow and im getting bored of harper so i need ur help, i dont like common names i want a made up name or unusual name so please help i only have 9wks left!! Aahh x

Some of my girls names

Petals
Florrie
Dotty
Besty
Bessie

I had loads but can't think lol
My little girl is Dolly Dot xxx

Hey hun, the only slightly unusual name on our girls list is Skylar. The only reason I don't think we would use it is people would shorten it and I wouldn't want them to xx

Last edited:
Florrie is mega cute and can be short for Florence. Dotty is lovely :love:

Love both Florry and Dotty! My friend named here little girl Sage which I always thought was cute, and another named her daughter Zara. I have a cousin named Jennica which is a little different too... My aunt couldn't decide between Jennifer and Jessica haha.

I love Skylar but my other half really didn't I think its an amazing name :)

I dont really like the name skyler also older names being brought back im not a huge fan of either. The problem is i have my heart set on willow bou oh hates it with a passion! So i might just register baby on my own and put willow on anyway!! He'll get used to it eventually he has picked last 3 babys names and said i could pick this one. X

Willow is lovely. What about Willa? My brother and sil were going to name their LO that if he was a girl. Just keep using the name and maybe you OH will warm up to it :)

Before we found out we were having a boy, we toyed with names, as ya do.. and I came up with 'Ayler' for a girl (pronounced A-ler). I have no idea where it came from to be honest, but I adored it!

I remember saying it to some people for their opinion, and I got a lot of "Oh I've never heard of that before" responses.
I think it's so pretty. Almost certain I haven't made it up, but I think it's very unusual! :)

Last edited:
I just read the name Aviana and thought that was usual but pretty xx

I wanted something not too popular and some I liked before we settled on our fave were:

Elsie
Sylvie
Flora
Luella
Bebe
Esme
Halston
Ines
Lake
Pearl

A friend of mine called her daughter Lola which I thought was a beautiful name

I called my daughter Malise , which i thought was different , spoken like Mah- lise . My friend is going to call her girl Craze ( i don't like that ) i also liked Cheyenne when i was PG with my DD x x

ive always wanted a name that is meaningful to me, but unusual at the same time.

thats not going to be difficult at all..... :p

and I came up with 'Ayler' for a girl (pronounced A-ler). I have no idea where it came from to be honest, but I adored it!

:)

Ayla is a lovely name, I first heard it in the Children of the Earth book series by Jean M Auel - the books are about ancient tribes and well worth reading if you like big books heavy on fact and description!!

I love unusual names my last home bred puppy is called Taizii (ryhmes with crazy!!!) as I love Z's and X's in names!! Her father is called Xabi as in Xabi Alonso used to play for Liverpool (OH fave team).

I have quite an unusual name ready for my LO.........keeping it secret though!!!

Last edited:
My daughter is Millie, and my 2nd daughter due in January is IYLA with middle name BROOK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back