Unsettled in the evenings

Yodabo

Reaction score
Hi all. Drake is normally a very good baby, barely cries just little winges when he wants his feeds but after his 7pm feed he's awake all evening till his next feed at 10pm and in that time I can't do anything with him! He'll be ok for the first half hour or so but then he's really grumpy.. Can't put him down, he goes in his play gym but that only entertains him for 2 mins and gets frustrated being held all the time. I really wouldn't mind if he did it earlier in the day as I can take him out and do stuff (hubby trains in the evenings so can't do a lot) so I'm stuck with a grumpy baby with 2 other kids to feed, sort through homework, spend time with as well as trying to sterilise bottles etc!

I thought it might have been colic but he's on those closer to nature anti colic bottles but bought some gripe water to try last night anyways.. Didn't make a difference at all!

Any ideas??

Lacey used to do this! She'd cry from 9-1am every night!! I couldn't do anything to settle her but thank god I was living with my parents cos my mum used to take her from me cos I'd cry!! I thought Lacey was the only baby to do it but my nephew does it too! He starts at 7 and cries till 12-1am!!
Lacey grew out of it so I can't help with how to stop it and with my nephew they just leave him to cry, scream or grumble! I hope Drake doesn't get as bad as Lacey!! x x

I've heard that it's a phase and I've heard that they go through these moments when a milestone happens (he did his first proper smile today so maybe?)

Aw bless him! That'll must've been lovely! I've been doing silly things to try to get charley smiling but he looks at me like I'm a loon! Lol

Haha! I've been at it for over a week! I'm running out of things to say to make him smile plus I get face ache haha!

Was so lush seeing the crazy face/talk pay off though!

noa got the most adoreble smile, wish it was genuine n not just wind tho :)

I love wind smiles! My heart fricking melts when he lies there smiling with his mouth wide open :cloud9:

Last edited:
it dose sound like colic thats just how my cousin's little girl was dont know what else it could be she got baby gaviscon in the end and she said it was great hope it not the and summit else that settles soon xxx

Seb will do this sometimes and I've found that he's actually hungry, so hungry that he's getting so worked up that he can't take the bottle! It just takes persistence! He was awake yesterday from 4pm until 10pm but wasn't grumpy until about 8pm when he started with OH and wouldn't settle until I had him.

Yeah I think part of it's down to hunger..he'd be happy having a bottle permanantly attached to him lol

I think that sometimes he relies on his bottle to go to sleep and we're confusing his grumpiness with being overtired and him just wanting to be fed and wanting to go to sleep!

Sounds like colic, esp cause it's late evening Yobado.
We always used infacol, that gets great burps up and really helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back