LO unsettled during sleep

Mrs CW

Reaction score
I thought we had a breakthrough last night with Dylan going 4.5hours between feeds instead of his usual 3. I fed him at 3am and settled him back to sleep the problem then is that he was really unsettled when asleep (it happens occasionally but not every time.) He'll shake his head from side to side kick his legs and wave his arms and make loads of noise which disturbs both me and my OH. I can pick him up and he's still asleep and will settle in my arms then as soon as he's in the crib it starts again. He doesn't want a feed and he doesn't bring any wind up. So after 4 good hours sleep I was expecting at least another 3 but ended up with about an hour. Does anyone else's LO do this? Is there anything I could try? Thanks x

Yes!! Brody sleeps silently in the day for the most part. But at night he's a noisy wee man! He goes to sleep anytime from 10pm to midnight and wakes for a feed between 3am and 5am. When he goes down at night, and when he goes down after his early morning feed, he makes all sorts of noises. Snores, grunts, whinges, pants lol, catches his breath etc. Mostly he snores! Not sure what to suggest though. Last night he was asleep about 11pm and snoring loudly. I stroked his hair and he stopped, but then he started up louder so we had a bit of a chuckle about it. In saying that, it does disturb our sleep a lot!

xx

Oh and if I pick him up he stops too and just sleeps in my arms :roll: He'll be sleeping in his moses basket half the time making these noises lol

Have you thought about swaddling? F waves and kicks but settles and is much quieter when she's wrapped up tight. Xx

Dylan is silent and settled in my arms aswell Olive, he doesn't snore which is good as I have to put up with his dad snoring all night but does give him a run for his money with the level of noise! It's amazing how much noise a little man can make!
I've tried swaddling but it didn't work but I might try it again tonight. The only problem is the amount he wriggles I think he might end up rolling around the crib! X x x

Sophie is exactly the same!! I was thinking of getting a swaddle gro bag as she manages to get out of the swaddle when I do it with just a blanket

That's a really good idea. I've seen the swaddle grow bags. I've been using grow bags as I feel more comfortable with them, but they look more fool proof (i'm not great at swaddling either and he likes his arms free). x

Is that the gro swaddle blanket? That's what I've got. It's really easy to use but Dylan kept kicking his feet out last time I don't think I had it done tight enough x

My LO does this but only if she's uncomfortable in some way, like if she has gas or needs to pee. Once these are sorted out she's a very quiet sleeper (to the point of me needing to check she's breathing lol). Don't know if that helps though :)

I thought it could be that as he's quite a windy baby but it continues after any burp or fart so I'm not sure. Will see if swaddling helps tonight x

I've just sat and watched Sophie and she wakes herself up with her leg kicking and arm waving but there's nothing wrong. Swaddled her tonight and she fought a bit at first but is now fast asleep but then again she does this in the moby and then gets all snuggled up and comfy. I think I may have to invest in a swaddle bag or have a go at making my own type of thing

Thinking of trying the swaddle bag as well. I am going to try him in his moses basket tmrw in the day time to see if that's it. He just sleeps in his chair during the day (either the flat one or his swing chair).x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back