Unhelpful companies - just need to vent!

DW1978

Reaction score
Sorry, this is totally off thread but I'm just sitting by myself and just totally peed off and needed to vent somewhere - hope you don't mind.

We are currently in the process of trying to re-mortgage our house to consolidate our overdrafts, a home improvement loan, do up our front and back gardens etc etc. So I have been really careful this month to try not to go over our authorised overdrafts on my sole and our joint bank account. I get paid on Monday. Just checked our accounts online and they have both gone over their authorised overdrafts cos the bloody bank has taken out our charges for going over our overdrafts last month!! If they had just waited 1 bloody working day then we wouldn't have charges to pay next month but now we're going to be in the same boat next month. GRRrrrrrrrrrrr :wall2::wall2::wall2: I'm so cross. I've just phoned them to change the date that any changes come out of our account but honestly it's sooooo frustrating, can these people not just use some common sense?

I also noticed that my mobile and our home phone charges come out at the end of each month but I don't get paid till the 3rd so I thought I'll just phone and change the date on our direct debits. Simple? You would think so, but, no, they wont let me cos they only take out payments on the last day of the month and thats it. No options.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just want to scream.

No need to reply xxx

:hug: :hug: I don't think that common sense applies to them :( x

Banks wind me up too with their silly charges, everything always makes you so much more angry when your pregnant too! I seem to be getting road rage lately that I never had before!

I dont have any debts, but at one point I did have an overdraft of £1000 I was in control of the payments ect, then the interest kept coming off so fast that I was left with no wages at the end of the month and was forced to close the account. I managed to get an account with another bank (with no overdraft or anything) but the bank I had the overdraft with wouldn't let me close the account. I wanted to close it so the interest payments would stop so I could pay them off. They wouldn't have it and in the end the interest charges were £700 a month. I went to my lawyer and he couldn't agree with them to close it, however they did agree for me to pay off 1/2 the amount I owed. In 1 year my overdraft and its interest went from £1000 to £8500. No joke. So I paid half, the account got closed and that was it.

Regarding the companies that are messing you about, I would just cancel the direct debits asap and arrange to pay them over the phone or by cheque.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back