Under mattress monitors?

ChloeSmith

Reaction score
Anyone getting one? My friend has one and says it's worth it for the peace of mind - anyone got any thoughts, or got a good one? Xx

Yeh Hun I have one
The angel care sounds and movement is brilliant, I'd swear by it
Stil use it now at 19 months old
And from birth even when she was in our room

I have the Angelcare and there is no way I'd be without it. I find it makes me less paranoid not more so, as I'm not running upstairs all the time to check she's breathing!

Personally I wouldn't bother, we had one with DS & it was useless, it went off every time he so much as moved or sneezed & ended up waking him up, tried another one incase it was faulty but had the same problem x

I have a tommiee tippee one after tempy had brething issues at birth it gave me piece of mind, never went off unless I took her out and forgot to turn it off. It was only £30 so worth it 10x over for me. I didn't bother with my first but after the scare from hospital (it was spotted last minute and she was put on oxygen if we had gone home she could have stopped breathing in the night) I couldn't not have one! x

Personally I wouldn't bother, we had one with DS & it was useless, it went off every time he so much as moved or sneezed & ended up waking him up, tried another one incase it was faulty but had the same problem x

I don't get it? I thought they only went off when they DIDN'T detect movement from the baby?

yes ours is in a moses basket and it says on the instructions you can use for both, can even link them to digital tommiee tippe monitors etc x

I don't get it? I thought they only went off when they DIDN'T detect movement from the baby?

Yeh ours only goes off if no ovement is detected my oh's snoring would set it off if not lol xx

I wud say it was set abit high, to keep goin off like that, u can adjust the sensitivity on the angel care one, best buy for sure

I'm not bothering as they seem unnecessary. LO won't be sleeping on their own until 6 months anyway and it doesn't really prevent anything happening. I think if you're likely to be checking on baby continually (and I mean every 2 mins) then it might help reassure you but if not then no there's no need. But this is my opinion, it's a very personal choice. Another one of those choices you make for your baby. xxxxx

I'm not bothering as they seem unnecessary. LO won't be sleeping on their own until 6 months anyway and it doesn't really prevent anything happening. I think if you're likely to be checking on baby continually (and I mean every 2 mins) then it might help reassure you but if not then no there's no need. But this is my opinion, it's a very personal choice. Another one of those choices you make for your baby. xxxxx

Deffinatly a personal choice, after Temperance tough im terrified, we where almost walking out of the door as the midwife spotted her breathing funny. I didn't own one of these so I dred to think what would have happened but its sssoooo rare 1%> xx

I've got one but purely cause we bought our monitors from my sisters friend and it happened to come with it. I am quite a panicky person though so I'm glad I've got it xx

With prem babies and any high risk babies they are recommended I believe. Or if you've had another baby with SIDS.

i had looked at these but the price is out of my league, yesterday though my OH's friend was saying he knew a guy who had one when his kid was a baby and he was going to see if he still had it, so I wont say no if we get offered one :) xxx

where can you buy these? x

I got mine from Babies R Us for £70. Asda and Tesco do them but only online. Also, they're always on ebay and gumtree if you wanted a second hand one.
I've bought almost all of my baby stuff second hand or had it given to me from friends but I felt that as this was an important piece of safety equipment, I wanted a brand new one that I knew worked and stuff.

We have angel monitor all friends recommend it and all nct girls got same one . For me its peace of mind x

HomeBargains have them for £30.00 (the Tommy Teepie ones) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back