Under mattress monitors?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by ChloeSmith, Jul 28, 2013.

1. ChloeSmith

ChloeSmith Well-Known Member

Anyone getting one? My friend has one and says it's worth it for the peace of mind - anyone got any thoughts, or got a good one? Xx

2. MummaPink

MummaPink Active Member

Yeh Hun I have one
    The angel care sounds and movement is brilliant, I'd swear by it
    Stil use it now at 19 months old
    And from birth even when she was in our room

3. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

I have the Angelcare and there is no way I'd be without it. I find it makes me less paranoid not more so, as I'm not running upstairs all the time to check she's breathing!

4. Doodles

Doodles Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't bother, we had one with DS & it was useless, it went off every time he so much as moved or sneezed & ended up waking him up, tried another one incase it was faulty but had the same problem x

5. redbear

redbear Well-Known Member

I have a tommiee tippee one after tempy had brething issues at birth it gave me piece of mind, never went off unless I took her out and forgot to turn it off. It was only £30 so worth it 10x over for me. I didn't bother with my first but after the scare from hospital (it was spotted last minute and she was put on oxygen if we had gone home she could have stopped breathing in the night) I couldn't not have one! x

6. ChloeSmith

Thanks! Can you use them in Moses baskets too?

7. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I don't get it? I thought they only went off when they DIDN'T detect movement from the baby?

8. redbear

yes ours is in a moses basket and it says on the instructions you can use for both, can even link them to digital tommiee tippe monitors etc x

9. redbear

Yeh ours only goes off if no ovement is detected my oh's snoring would set it off if not lol xx

10. MummaPink

MummaPink Active Member

I wud say it was set abit high, to keep goin off like that, u can adjust the sensitivity on the angel care one, best buy for sure

11. ChloeSmith

Thanks, think will get one xx

12. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I'm not bothering as they seem unnecessary. LO won't be sleeping on their own until 6 months anyway and it doesn't really prevent anything happening. I think if you're likely to be checking on baby continually (and I mean every 2 mins) then it might help reassure you but if not then no there's no need. But this is my opinion, it's a very personal choice. Another one of those choices you make for your baby. xxxxx

13. redbear

Deffinatly a personal choice, after Temperance tough im terrified, we where almost walking out of the door as the midwife spotted her breathing funny. I didn't own one of these so I dred to think what would have happened but its sssoooo rare 1%> xx

14. Haylian

Haylian Well-Known Member

I've got one but purely cause we bought our monitors from my sisters friend and it happened to come with it. I am quite a panicky person though so I'm glad I've got it xx

15. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

With prem babies and any high risk babies they are recommended I believe. Or if you've had another baby with SIDS.

16. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

i had looked at these but the price is out of my league, yesterday though my OH's friend was saying he knew a guy who had one when his kid was a baby and he was going to see if he still had it, so I wont say no if we get offered one :) xxx

17. Emmalina

Emmalina Well-Known Member

where can you buy these? x

18. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

I got mine from Babies R Us for £70. Asda and Tesco do them but only online. Also, they're always on ebay and gumtree if you wanted a second hand one.
    I've bought almost all of my baby stuff second hand or had it given to me from friends but I felt that as this was an important piece of safety equipment, I wanted a brand new one that I knew worked and stuff.

19. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

We have angel monitor all friends recommend it and all nct girls got same one . For me its peace of mind x

20. Doodles

Doodles Well-Known Member

HomeBargains have them for £30.00 (the Tommy Teepie ones) x