unable to go shopping due to son

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi does anyone else find it hard to go shopping with their l o as they want to walk or get out of the buggy and get bored instantly with supermarket trollies?
J is 1 and he wants to walk everywhere but he hasnt got the sense to walk in a straight line yet or to avoid running into people and i cant go shopping as i end up running round tescos with him and he thinks its a game as im struggling witha trolley and he refuses to hold hands after a bit and the harness always ends up hurting him.
I cant go shopping at all how long before he has the sense to behave?????

Why not keep uding the harness and a wrist strap, hes just at that age whre everything is exciting, teach him bounderies and reward good behavior with being able to walk with you like a big boy, if hes naughty and runs off just tell him no and put him in the trolley.

Ive been there and still have it n occasion and hes way too big for trolley now!!!

this is embarrassing to admit but i actually struggle getting him into his trolley as he immediately kicks off and either goes rigid and i cant bend him to get him in or he kicks and flails about screaming and he doesnt give up either.

:hug: :hug: , i dont kno hunny. What about putting a bear in the seat next to him or giving him a shoppig list to carry. Im all out.

Thanks for all the replies
Im gonna give the bear in the seat next to him a go

try giving him his own little list, tell him as your walking down the bread aisle that you need some bread, and 'within reason' let him pick the bread for you and help him put it into the basket.

that helped with my eldest!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back