Tell Me You'd Have Helped?

DebbieM

Reaction score
I was left reeling on Tuesday when I went to Tesco cafe.

I was alone with Luke and had picked up some shopping before taking him to a local farm for a look around (he likes all the animals LOL), anyway, I decided he would need feeding before I left so went to Tesco cafe and got myself a cup of tea.

I sat down, Luke still in his buggy, and he started whinging, so I took him out, forgetting that I had the changing bag and a bag of shopping wrapped around the buggy handles. As soon as I lifted him out, the whole thing tipped backwards and my shopping all went flying and was all over the floor.

The cafe was busy, and there I was, sat alone, clutching Luke with shopping everywhere and the buggy laying on it's back, wheels in the air!

Ask how many people helped me... go on!!!!!

Well, I'll tell you...

NONE!!!!!

I couldn't believe it. Since I had hold of Luke and couldn't leave him on a chair because it would have been unsafe and irresponsible, and couldn't put him in the buggy, I had to struggle BY MYSELF to pick up the buggy and all of the shopping on the floor whilst still clutching onto him (crushing him in the process as it isn't easy to bend over to pick things up off of the floor when holding a little baby as you probably know!)

To make things worse, one woman came walking over and graciously STEPPED OVER my shopping, not lifting a hand to help, or even offer any help. Also, there was a young couple with a baby sat next to me who just sat and watched. When I finally sorted it all out and returned to my seat (really angry may I add by this point), the girl looked at me and smiled and I couldn't help but to shoot her a really dirty look as if to say THANKS A BUNCH!

Please... now, if you had been sat next to me, would you have watched me struggle or would you at least have offered some help? I know which I would have done and if Matt was with me he would have been straight out of his seat to help - especially if it was a woman on her own with a baby!

Restore my faith in the human race.. please. :(

Oh i defo would of helped. I cant belive how rude they all were

Debbie :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think that parts of society are either becoming very, very selfish and think only of themselves, or actually becoming quite thick and oblivious to what is going on around them!

I would have helped you, without a single doubt hun, have some more :hug: :hug: :hug:

without a doubt :D
My faith in the human race gets thiner with age

:hug: :hug: :hug: awe hun, have these. I would have helped you and forutunatley there are a lot of people who would. Its a shame that more and more people are getting so selfish.

I would have jumped straight up to help you.

People are so selfish these days. And to the women that had step over whilst you were picking stuff up i think i would have had to have made sure she tripped over a tin of my beans or whatever :twisted:

I'd have help you babes. :hug:

People are very rude. The funny thing is that they are usually too keen to help by putting a dummy in your lo's mouth with their dirty hands. :wall:

I defo would have...that same thing happened to me when I was looking after my nephew :evil:

I definately would of helped! I remember walking through town and an old lady dropped her shopping, i soon rushed over to pick it up. I was struggling to get a cuppa in asda. I had Angel in her car seat, 2 bags of shopping and tried to get this cuppa over while i waited to be picked up, the lovely lady behind the counter ditched the queue of people waiting to carry my shopping and cuppa to a table.
I can't stand to see people struggling. Especially with a baby.

The same thing happened to me when I stopped to get my car keys out of my bag one time. Jake (at about 3 months old) was still in the pushchair! About 3 people walked past and just looked at my up-side down son :evil: I didnt know what to do first, get the buggy upright or struggle to untangle the shopping bags so it wouldnt tip again. Ignorant ba****ds

I boss strangers about now when I need a hand, it works because they dont want to be seen to refusing to help. I find it worse in London (no offence to any Londoners) when I try to get off the bus (it doesnt help the drivers ALWAYS pull up and the bus is exactly the right width away from th kerb for my buggy to drop down the gap :wall: ) I just shout "can somebody help me please", and it always works :D

Anyway, back to the point, I would have help with no hesitation Debbie, sorry you experienced this

kn*bs!! :evil:

people are so rude!!

I deffo would have helped :hug:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i can't believe people were so rude and unhelpful. i'd have cried...

i'd have def helped hon - any decent person would. shame there were none there - they should all be ashamed of themselves.

:hug: :hug:

I'd have helped having had it happen to me... Saying that there was a car accident outside the other day, the woman driver was distraught crying and screaming and random strangers came up to her and hugged her... and a man came along and drove her car along the road and parked it for her....then ran back with the keys... no one knew her...she was just a stranger.. I was absolutely awestruck.... :shock:

Debbie i would have leapt out my seat to help you! I think its disgusting no one helped you!

Oh no Debbie, you really have some bad experiences when you go shopping dont you? If its not comments about bfing its ignoring you completely! :hug: I cant believe noone even offered to help, thats soo rude, especially from people in a similar position who should be more sympathetic :hug: Sadly people seem to have lost their manners :?

Aww, I would definitely have helped. Mum to be or not, whether I can reach the floor or not. That's just out of order.

Well, you girls are obviously just like ME! I'd have certainly helped had the shoe been on the other foot. I am someone who always helps out old people, opens doors for people, runs after parents in town when their kids drop/throw their topys/dummies out of their pushchairs and the parents don't realise.

In fact.. just last week, my sis and I were in town and we were waiting for a lift in Queensgate and an Asian lady was waiting and waited for my sis and I to get in but we were still chatting. Her daughter suddenly got in the lift and the doors closed. :shock:

The woman (in her 20's) stood there and I realised what happened and asked if it was a little girl and she said yes... about 5 or something, so I panicked for her. How the heck do you follow a lift????? :(

Anyway, told my sister I would meet her elsewhere (she ha 3 boys of her own to shepherd around) and I got into the next life and stopped on EVERY SINGLE FLOOR from 5 to 13 (the top) and got out at each one and looked for her.

I then went all the way back down and when I got there I saw the Mum hugging the girl an saying "if that ever happens again".. she spotted me... knew what I had done and I motioned to her with my hand that I was pleased she had found her and she just smiled at me. She knew what I'd done for her and I knew she appreciated it.

That is the kind of person I am which is why I was so p1ssed off in Tesco.

Oh god that's just horrible Debbie, I can't stand people sometimes. I always go out of my way to help people (even when someone says thank you I always say "no problem" or "you're welcome"). Perhaps I've got "mug" written across my face but even with the buggy I regularly get the door closed in our faces. Interestingly enough when people do step up to help it's ALWAYS the younger people, never the able-bodied older generation.

My biggest bugbear is the train - I don't drive so I rely on it if we want to go anywhere further afield. At the busier stations I can NEVER get off. People crowd round the door and tut when I struggle to get the buggy off the HUGE step on the ANCIENT train all by myself. Wankers.

Bah! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back