Tell Me You'd Have Helped?

Ok im going to say someting slightly different here, sorry for speaking my mind,
I prob would have jumped to help but would have been hesitant to do so,

I saw someone strugglin in asda the other week and offered to help, but was very rudely turned down, She had 2 kids, a buggy and a pile shopping and had just finished paying, the youngsters were running riot, and all i said was do you need a hand just till you get yourself sorted? I got a very rude mind your own buisness, fine I thought, so I shrugged and walked off, I watched her in the end, she dumped the shopping, grab the kids, went to the car, and then came back for the shopping she clearly was in a huge huff about it and stressed! But hey its her prob!!

some people now are also afraid to offer for fear of being accused of intereing,
I can understand were your coming from thou, it wouldnt have hurt for somone to just ask if you were ok

I can understand in some circumstances why some people may be hesitant to help, but in my situation, I was really struggling with a little baby and it as clear to everyone watching, especially the woman who stepped OVER my shopping and the other Mum and Dad at the table next to me.

I know where you're coming from though.

That's really terrible :twisted: I think I would have felt like shouting at everyone present! Of course I would have offered some help :wave:
I have to admit that the contrary happened to me quite a few times: people offering me their help when I didn't need to be helped (well I'm not going to complain about that!), very often when I have to climb up steps or stairs with the pram, even to cross the street yesterday :wall: had to politely decline that one, I'm not so helpless! I would never think of being rude to someone offering some help even if I don't need it...

Debbie that's awful, I definitely would have helped you.

My big bugbear is people not helping as I struggle on and off buses with shopping, a buggy (sometimes having to be collapsed), a wriggly 1 year old, my handbag and my money for the fare!

I have, however, been guilty of turning down help myself, I was struggling onto the bus the other day when a woman came to my aid off the bus. She motioned to take DD as she said she didn't know how to collapse the buggy. I said, thank you, but I'm fine as I couldn't bring myself to handover DD to a stranger, however nice she looked. If she'd offered to carry the buggy onto the bus or my shopping, I would have bitten her hand off!

Valentine Xxx

That is awful! I would have definatly have helped out.

Recently my car was in for MOT and so i took the kids to town on the bus for something to do, the bus pulled up and it was one of those rubbish ones with the steps instead of the low flat buggy friendly ones. Had i had one child i could have struggled to pick the kids and buggy up, however with a 2 year old and a baby and a big buggy i either need a kind person to hold isla or morgan or someone to lift the buggy on. I cannot and will not leave Isla either on the bus (incase it drives off without me) or on the kerb (incase she gets hit by a car) so it is really awkward. I asked the bus driver if he could help me and he simply 'said you have to collapse the buggy or you can't ride the bus' i was stunned they are meant to help arent they! The bus was full of people and not one of them came to lift my buggy up 2 tiny steps, loads of them were men and could have easily helped. One man even tutted me as if i was a pain. In the end i struggled one handed and gave up, all the while everyone on the bus sniggering and tutting. I gave up and promptly went home crying. What a complete bunch of morons. :evil: Now if i use the bus i put M in a sling so i can have both hands free for the buggy and Isla, then afterwards i pop him in the buggy and put the sling in the shopping basket. I avoid the buses like the plague unless really stuck as refuse to give them money to fund thier arrogance! :talkhand:

The ignorance and sheer arrogance of some people amazes me. I would have got up and helped straight away if i had seen this happen.

That's terrible :x I would have certainly offered my help :hug:

What really bugs me is the bus.

I've been without a car for a couple of months and when i've had to get the bus its always been full. No-one ever offers to give up their seat for me even though I'm holding a baby while the bus goes around roundabouts etc. I just think it so ignorant :evil: Winds me up even more when you notice people looking at you while struggling and when you notice them they just smile :twisted:

well tis not only people with babies and that have been there that will offer a hand.

I have been brought up right by my parents to respect others and always help if you can...including holding doors for people, asking if they need a hand etc etc... Granted i am a little reluctant sometimes if i see soemone struggling with children cos like Valentine said...a random stranger coming up to you asking if you need a hand with the baby etc i would be scared the person thought i was some wierdo...sad i know but i would rather someone think i was ignorant that a freaky person who wanted thei child sort of thing...

BUT sayign that...if i saw someone in your situation i would of course help...it had nothing to do with Luke as such (ie holding him whatever) its just picking up some shopping and a pram...no big deal! For the sake of 2 mins max for someone else...it would probably have taken you a good 5-10 to get everything and settle again.

So yeah in my long winded way i would have helped

This has happened to me before and people have helped I can't believe no one helped you, I would of done :hug:

kellysomer said:
I asked the bus driver if he could help me and he simply 'said you have to collapse the buggy or you can't ride the bus' i was

The ignorance and sheer arrogance of some people amazes me. I would have got up and helped straight away if i had seen this happen.

Bus drivers are not allowed to help you, My brothers a bus driver, he cant hold a child for a parent, for many reasons, its in the rules. (my brother will sometimes chose to ignore this depending on the situ)
As for getting out and helping you, some ignore the rules and will help (my brother being one) but others wont in case they either end up damaging the buggy or something happening whilst they are out of the main seat,

No excuse I no but if thats some help as to knowing why bus drivers are a tad reluctant to offer help

What my brother sometimes does (along with a few other drivers) is if they are not in a postion to help they will request a nother person on the bus to get off their butt and help (But in a politer way!)

Thanks for that. That does explaina bit, what it doesnt cover was his attitude, grrr you can say things in a nice way. Another told me to get off as i was too slow when i was half on. It beggars belief!

OMG!! That's so rude!! I would definately have helped I hate it when people have bad manners! :evil:

I would 10000000000% helped you!!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

No matter before I had a baby or now when I have!!

I think, that people who have babies understand more all the troubles! So I am really suprised by that couple!!! :talkhand: :(

For example, when I am in a cue, and I see a mum with a totally small baby (and I usually have Daniel with me, who isnt exactly big himself) behind us, I almoust always let her go in front! (I just know how tought it can be)!.... The only reason I wouldnt let her in front would be Daniel screaming the place up (but that rarely happens).

I think people should be more comassionate to each other! And behave towards other human beings the way they want to be treated! World would be a much better place if everybody followed that rule.

Big hugs to you hun! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back