ummmmm am I stupid?

umbongo

Reaction score
I wanted to take my hubby away for his birthday (although not ON his birthday). So booked a groupon hotel voucher thingy.
Anyway, I went to book it today but the weekend I wanted is fully booked...the only other one we have free is only 3 weeks before my due date! It's not that far away but do you think it's stupid to go away that close to the due date? Maybe it'll be a nice treat? or maybe I'll just hate it....hmmmm

xx

I wanted to take my hubby away for his birthday (although not ON his birthday). So booked a groupon hotel voucher thingy.
Anyway, I went to book it today but the weekend I wanted is fully booked...the only other one we have free is only 3 weeks before my due date! It's not that far away but do you think it's stupid to go away that close to the due date? Maybe it'll be a nice treat? or maybe I'll just hate it....hmmmm

xx

not stupid if you prepare and are in a non complciated pregnancy. so if hospital bags are packed and in your car and car seat and base too ensure you have yyour notes and hanumbers adn directions to local hospital should you go into labour dont forget 37 weeks is actually classed as full term. based on me at 36 weeks i have just come back from a couple of days in gloucester visiting family and freinds for a christening. long car journeys are longer as need to stop more frequently for loo and i am uncomfy i dont think id want to go too far now as i feel i have moses basket etc etc all here and if i was too far wouldnt have that with me. up to you though xx

As K8 said as long as you prepare and your pregnancy is non complicated then I would say no your not stupid! Just make sure you have your hospital bag and car seat, personally I would take extras so perhaps 5 sleepsuits rather than 3 just incase your kept in for more than a day xx

My grandad's step-daughter went to York for a weekend away 2 weeks before she was due and went into labour! All was fine though. Just a bit of a surprise during their break. Definitely pack the car seat though, because they didn't and my grandad had to drive down with the car seat so that they could take baby home!!

I am planning a home birth though! I don't intend to go anyway near a hospital, I will go straight home is labour starts. It's only 90 mins from home....so hopefully that's close enough. Obv if I'm feeling crappy then we'll have to cancel. been complication free so far so fx. eeeeek!

P.S. will take bag and carseat just in case!

Last edited:
We went away 3 days before my due date with Ty, and we were about 120 miles away :)

Go for it huni x chances are slim to give birth that exact weekend ur away. And like u say its not thaaaaaat far, ud have plenty of time to get home if u felt like u started x

Last edited:
With my first I went away 4 weeks before my edd. I was over 5 hours from home and we forgot the carseat but took baby's bag and my notes just in case. I had had an uncomplicated pregnancy and it was nice to have a bit of a break before LO came. This time around I wouldn't risk it due to all the problems I'm having but if your happy then I would say go for it x

Thanks ladies. It might be nice to have two nights away together before squiggle arrives. Quite romantic :)

Definitely not stupid. Make the most of it!! And enjoy. ;-)

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

You're not stupid! u might want to consider things like, how far do u have to travel to get there, how likely are u to go early (ie have u had other babies early, any complications with this or any other pregnancy etc) what are u planning on doing while you're away...

if you're going for a night in a comfy bed with a nice meal nearby, go for it!

if its in te middle of an adventure park, u have to travel 6hours to get there and you're likely to need to be close to a hospital at that point, it might be worth waiting!

either way it's a livery thought, I'm not that nice!

You're not stupid! u might want to consider things like, how far do u have to travel to get there, how likely are u to go early (ie have u had other babies early, any complications with this or any other pregnancy etc) what are u planning on doing while you're away...

if you're going for a night in a comfy bed with a nice meal nearby, go for it!

if its in te middle of an adventure park, u have to travel 6hours to get there and you're likely to need to be close to a hospital at that point, it might be worth waiting!

either way it's a livery thought, I'm not that nice!

He's so hard to buy for!! It's 90 min drive and not particularly isolated and it'll be two nights in the hotel with dinner there I expect. Plenty of relaxing planned :)
Not had any babies before but am low risk and had zero complications so far, home birth planned in fact.
Xxx

id do it, babies arent often early without warning

Agree with bevg I would go just pack some bits in the car 90 mins drive is only an extra thirty mins to what my commute to work was! I stopped work now but couldv stayed later. I think it wud be lovely. Be prepared but enjoy yourself (ya know take an umbrella and it won't rain etc)

go for it, I'm sure it will be lovely spending some time just the 2 of u before lo arrives xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back