Tummy Tubs

I think Valentine (a mod) has one of these for her princess Ella.. you could pm her to ask her...

I've seen these and i think they are a great idea :)

Yeahh I think they are too - especially when I don't have a strapping lad around to carry the bath with water in it.

Thanks - I'll pm her just now ;)

Natalie&Jake has used a tummytub, maybe she can help. :)

they're a good idea although I was bathed in the kitchen sink or a washing up bowl :D cheaper!!

My mum said the same thing Tilly but my kitchen sink is tiny and so is the bathroom one :( I live in a box :lol:

I got given a baby bath from someone too - gave it to my friend :lol:

My mum is keen for me to get one of these as the sister of someone at her work (or something like that!) has one and says it is fantastic. Also it means all of baby's body is in the water rather than just parts. The Tummy Tub is supposed to be fantastic for babies with colic.

I looked at one in John Lewis and it is just a bucket. You could feel the ridge inside where the bottom is welded (I don't know if that's the right word) on the the sides and I didn't like that as it was a little scratchy and sharp. OH is not keen because you have to hold baby's head while they are in it.

I've had a look online and done some reading about them and they look like they would suit my requirements

U would have to hold the babys head when they are in a normal baby bath anyway.

I like how they are sitting up right - my nephew hated lying down in the bath when he was little.

oh, they are so cute! id get one but my babys too old for them!

trixipaws said:
oh, they are so cute! id get one but my babys too old for them!

I didn't think there was an age restriction but just checked the site again :(

I think they are cute too - hopefully I'll move house by the time baby is 6 months old. then baby can have proper baths!

They are great, Jake never cried in his, bud did in the normal bath. He has grown out of it now though... so its going cheap if anyone is interested :wink:

natalie&jake said:
They are great, Jake never cried in his, bud did in the normal bath. He has grown out of it now though... so its going cheap if anyone is interested :wink:

Really? I'll pm u ;)

I asked my dad for one of them but he said he would buy me a bucket *sigh* I really love the pink sparkle one.

Just realised it sounds like I plan on drowning my baby :shock: We've got the Tigex ergonomic bath seat and that supports their head. I think it was the fact that in the videos of it the parents all have hands just on either side of baby's head that put OH off. I promise not to drown my baby :D
I also realised that I forgot to add that I think the tummy tub would be good for you because in the vidoes on website they fill it with a shower and you are far less likely to slop water over the sides taking it to another room than with a baby bath.

i've got one. I gave my LO her first bath in it yesterday but i could not of done it without my OH holding her. she loved it though! xx

I saw on eof these tummy tubs for the first time in the advert section of one of my preggers mags.
I laughed so hard i thought it looked so funny :rotfl:
I showed james and said how can you put a child in a bucket :?

But after reading this post ive relised OH GOD i do not have a bath either and how am i going to wash the baby
I only have a small batroom sink
And i dont have a kitchen sink (long story dont ask)

James works away so will not be around all the to carry baby bath for me
So now the tummy tubs is looking very appealing
i think i may get one
thank you Bee
i hadnt given this area much thought, Tummy tub aded to me need list

ive got a baby bath that fits over your own bath, which is a good space saver if you have a bath in your studio flat...

I don't have a bath in my flat - only a shower.

And its just me - no OH there for bath time :( Do u think I would manage on my own ok?

Yeah I was thinking I can put it in the shower base and there will be room to move and it would be easy to fill with the shower.

I want a neutral one since I don't know what I am having ;)

The sparkly ones look fun though :D
I think (but I really need to look it up again) that the Pregnancy Bible says you don't bath them for the first week - just top and tail them. So you could always buy it as soon as LO is born in the colour of your choice :D
That said, I'd choose the neutral one in case it was weird for LO seeing everything pink / blue and sparkly :rotfl:

My sister in law has one of these she used for our nephew and thought it was great. He's now almost 3 and she's lending it to us for our wee one (she's trying for a second just now) so get to test drive it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back