What should I get? plastic bath or changing station wiv bath

maridunn

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had or is considering getting a baby changing station with concealed bath? Any suggestions on the best one if they

I was wondering whether they are necessary or should i just get a normal plastic bath and maybe a cot top changer or just a normal changer that i can use on the bed...

We dont have a bath in our flat, only a shower that doesnt have a thermostat on it so the water is always boiling hot so will have to get something to use to wash baby in.

I would have said you probably won't used it long so go for just the bath but as you dont have a bath you will be needing it a lot more..i had a bath with a stand and then i put the shampoo on a shelf in my bedroom where i could easily reach it, i dont know if the ones with shelves and compartments are that worth it and they take up more storage space i would try and find a big bath with a fold up stand because you'll need it for a while and when babies bigger..don't worry too much about extras and stuff because you can always put the things you need nearby for convenience!! and it can be stowed away easily when your not using it!

I have a changing dresser unit........and bought a plastic bath at the weekend - our main bathroom (where the bath is) is downstairs and the nursery is upstairs, so I can use the plastic bath downstairs in the bathroom and change him upstairs in his nursery!

Speaking to most of my friends - most changed their babies on the floor, and we only got the changing dresser for space - it has so much storage, plus it came with the set we won on ebay!

BeckyJ said:
this is seriously the best thing we were ever bought...
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... Y+BATH.htm
summer loves baths and we have used this from day 1 and she has never cried, i can also bath her on my own with this, i cant recommend it enough, we bought a baby bath and ended up throwing it away

I agree baby baths dont last long, weeks really!

I would just go for a seperate bath and cot top changer/moveable changer as it so handy to be able to move around. Its up to you really though and what you would prefer. :)

I had a bath but didnt use it only once or twice, I used to spray the sink with dettol cleaner and rinse with hot water then fill it as i would a bath, am i mean? :think:

Its just that it was loads easier and i didnt have to lift a heavy bath with water in to empty just pull the plug out, and i had a nice warm towel and all her bits ready on the drainer was soooo much easier.

Then when she was older i bathed her in the big bath using a bath support like the one somebody put the link up to, they do these in pink and blue in tescos for the same price

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back