Tummy Time

newmum

Reaction score
Any ideas how I can encourage my little one to like laying on her tummy. I have been putting on her front since she was 6 weeks old and she still hates it! I have tried toys but it doesn't make any difference. Today I gave her a cushion to prop herself up a bit and she liked that more and stayed longer.

Last edited:
been wondering this myself, no matter what I do Jack doesn't like to be on his tummy so TBH I gave up trying cos I'd rather see him happy than crying, I think it's to strengthen their neck muscles so maybe just look at the other ways in which you can do that?

Placing a rolled up towel under both armpits can help give some support and encourage longer tummy time. I also use toys that play music and speak.

tbh i never really did it when millie was tiny :oops:
but as soon as she could roll onto her tummy at just over 2 months (i think) she loves it shes always on it! i put her on her back always but blink and shes rolled! lol.

I am the same as trix never bother much and he got it just fine when he started rolling and lifting his head himself was when i started. i sat him up a lot though on my lap with his head supported by me . i guess that did the job

Im going to let Imogen roll on her tummy and have her tummy time when she wants it, she cant lift her head off the floor and crys. But she loves her gym and the animals so im sure she will do it in her own time.

She rolled on her side today as well yay!

I have the opposite problem: my little one doesn't like being on her back :( !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back