Tummy Time

Squiglet

Reaction score
We all know how important tummy time is for babies... and I try to make sure lil miss has at least 10 minutes a day... but tbh I can't let her go much longer because well... she throws a major paddy over being put on her tummy...

She has really good head control and likes to sit up... she can sit with only the aid of one hand on her back... and she likes it because she can see and play with her toys better...

I'm considering just dropping tummy time because it upsets her soooo much...?

Evie hates it too... I only put her on her tummy after her bath for a couple of minutes now because it stresses her out if I leave her like that any longer.

She's got really good head control...and she's already sitting in her bumbo occasionally so I only put her on her tummy briefly to help strenghen the muscles a bit more

Imogen never liked it either as a very small person and doesnt even now.

Wouldnt worry too much if shes got a strong hold on her head and neck, it doesnt afect sitting up. You will have to invest in a bumbo for her , at least she will be able to see you!

Mhairi HATES LOATHES DETESTS tummy time!

I've given up, no point trying to get her to do something she doesn't like!

She's sitting up unaided now for about 30secs to a minute, so it doesn't seem to have done her any harm!

xxx

Luke usually just falls asleep on his tummy. I think he prefers that to sleeping on his back.

I put LO on her tummy from 6 weeks old and she has hated it every single time since then and now she is nearly 7 months. Still hates it. Still cries each time and now sucks the carpet if I make her stay there. :roll: That's why she won't roll either 'cos she doesn't want to end up on her stomach.

But interestingly, now she has been sitting up a while, she really wants to crawl and therefore HAS to go over at some point and today she flipped a few times and flapped around instead of crying.

I guess she thought ' what's the point in tummy time if all you can see is the floor?'

Maddison freaks out if she is put on her tummy, she hates it. I dont bother anymore :wink:

we put baby smile on his tummy at one week - he screamed and rolled over! ... at 3 months he still ahtes it - shows no sign of wanting to roll back to front but happy to sit up with my hand on his shoulder and play with his toys...... :wall:

My LO loves it on her tummy! Like MattM said she also seems to prefer to sleep on her tummy - she is most comfy laid on her tummy on my tummy!

If she's not happy drop it :hug: :hug: :hug:
Isaac never really had much he found it boring :lol: and he has always had great head/neck control and gets about just fine :D

leland can take it or leave it , he'll either scream the place down or it will settle his colic and he'll go sleep !

I think I'll leave it tbh... :) funny thing is, she loves lying on her tummy on my chest to go to sleep.... shes a funny lil thing :think:

We do tummy time every day with Jenna - have done since she was very tiny. She has never been a fan of it - will tolerate a few mins and then starts grizzling. A few weeks ago she decided enough was enough and rolled over from her front to her back for the first time. Now we put her on her tummy, she stays for a few mins and then rolls over. She has shown no signs of wanting to roll from her back to her front - all in good time!

I found that Finn hated tummy time too, however since he's been able to roll it's done him the world of good as he can hold his head up really well now. He gives himself tummy time as the moment I put him down, he's rolled over onto his tummy!

My LO enjoys it for a bit kicking her legs about. Its not something she likes a lot of though!

LilysMummy said:
Why is tummy time so important? :oops:

it helps LO strengthen their neck muscles when they lift up their heads and it is also believed that it helps them develop quicker...

Research shows babies placed on their backs to sleep who were then placed on their front for extra time during the day were able to roll, crawl, sit, pull to stand and eventually walk earlier than those who were mainly placed on their backs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back